Help me choose a good video card

Not sure.. Might be 3.0. Because I didnt know 4.0 was out. Lol.. Anyways. I like it because it has 16 pixple pipelines! And a HUGE fan and exaust.. Id take this over the 7600, just because of the fan and exaust..

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Not sure.. Might be 3.0. Because I didnt know 4.0 was out. Lol.. Anyways. I like it because it has 16 pixple pipelines! And a HUGE fan and exaust.. Id take this over the 7600, just because of the fan and exaust..
ya my bad. it is sm3.0. the 4.0 was referring to 'CineFX 4.0 engine' and 'Intellisample 4.0 technology'

well, ya that card is way better than the 7600gt. but the only problem i have with ati, is the dual gCard setup. i think you gotta have an external link to get two cards together. and the crossfire-mastercard is hella expensive. but the x1300 and x1600 series's fix that problem

also, would one ati video card work in a 'nForce4 sli' motherboard?

No, CF mobo for CF. Sli mobo for Sli. Because they only work with Ati, or nVidea chipsets. Anyways.. I wouldnt bother to CF that one. If I was going to CF a card it would be one from the X1xxxx series, because of the R530 core. Or whatever it is, becuase, there like made for CF..

badninja3 said:
ya my bad. it is sm3.0. the 4.0 was referring to 'CineFX 4.0 engine' and 'Intellisample 4.0 technology'

well, ya that card is way better than the 7600gt. but the only problem i have with ati, is the dual gCard setup. i think you gotta have an external link to get two cards together. and the crossfire-mastercard is hella expensive. but the x1300 and x1600 series's fix that problem

also, would one ati video card work in a 'nForce4 sli' motherboard?
It would work in a PCI-E slot. Even SLI motherboards work as a PCI-E slot first, and SLI second. Dual ATI will only work in a Crossfire motherboard though, and vice versa for SLI.

Otherwise there should be no issue with one video card to my knowledge.

Yeah, ditto. Just when you do the more spcilized things like SLI and CF, it requires a certain mother board.

SSE5 said:
It would work in a universal PCI-E slot. Even SLI motherboards work as a PCI-E slot first, and SLI second. Dual ATI will only work in a Crossfire motherboard though, and vice versa for SLI.

Otherwise there should be no issue with one video card to my knowledge.
okay cool. so i could get an ati card and a sli(16lane x 2) board. then when the time comes, i can ditch the ati card, and get two nvidia7###'s

badninja3 said:
okay cool. so i could get an ati card and a sli(16lane x 2) board. then when the time comes, i can ditch the ati card, and get two nvidia7###'s
aah. or i could use the ati until dx10 cards come out from nvidia, so i could get those. sorry if this seems kinda random that im posting this, but im reading all the other directX threads.

Well, we may even need to get new mobos. I mean maye its gonna be PCI EX ULTRA X20. You never know :p

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Well, we may even need to get new mobos. I mean maye its gonna be PCI EX ULTRA X20. You never know :p
Just another reason to hold our wallets if we're looking to upgrade. We're kind of on the advent of some pretty new stuff when Vista comes out, so it doesn't hurt to be cautious.

Back
Top Bottom