Anyone ever lost a loved one?

HRHunteRHR

BSOD
Has anyone ever lost any loved ones? If so, how did it affect your life?

I lost my dad over the summer, he was really young, 39. He died of a one in a million the doctor said. Some crazy wierd random disease. My mom and him were together for 19 years. :eek: She is crushed, I'm pretty f***ed up, myself. It's taught me alot about myself and I guess I have to grow up fast. Anyone ever experience anything like this?

Sorry to be Negative Nancy, but what's with all the troubling and sad threads in the past few weeks?

Well. I have no grandpa's left. And one of my grandma's survived three different kinds of cancers.

Well, I've experienced loss but after time not much phases you anymore..

I saw the events of 9/11 up close, and those memories will never leave me.. but their not as hurtful as some of the after-maths..

One of my friends, Meghan B. (her name is not said for privacy), lost both parents that day. Her mother worked inside of the building, and her father was head of the fire department. His last words as relayed by a police officer were, "I'm going in for her," as he was said to rush into the building before it went down, to never come out again.

It hurt me to see her weep.. and that in my view was a great loss.

Many more were lost in 9/11.. and I myself know several who were lost.. I'd rather not discuss them all. May their souls rest in peace with God now.

Another more recent loss, was my friend Lisa or Elizabeth G. She was 18 years old, and I'd known her for 6 years, since she was 12, and I was 11. Well, she died of a stupid mistake that she made at the time, but I won't hold her against it.. mistakes are made. Basically she did what I can only ask none of you to ever do.. she got into a car with a driver she was aware was drunk, and then didn't wear her seatbelt. You can predict the rest.. The SUV was going west on the expressway, took a ramp badly, and flipped out of control killing her and another 23 year old male inside of the car. The driver lived, and no other people or drivers were on the road.

About a year ago my friend Nikki, or Nicole which is more properly her name, was struck by a vehicle and killed. She was walking with her boyfriend and a car coming down whats called Patchogue / Holbrook road, which is a decently busy road, struck them only about 2 blocks from the boyfriends home. The boyfriend lived, thank god.. but unfortunately, she did not. Even worst, the driver was under something because he left the scene, came back 15 minutes later, and said he thought he hit garbage. Something tells me, 2 human bodys doesn't feel like garbage.

April 1st last year, another good friend of mine Ryan S. in 11th grade lost his battle to cancer. He had been battling cancer for such a long time, and the night before his death, he asked his mom, "Mom, I'm sorry.. but I need to let go.. will you let me?". She called all of his close friends who basically came to say good bye that night, and the next day he died.

There have been so many more losses..
But, loss is part of life.

Just remember when your sad, you've only lost the physical part of them..
As long as they live in memory, in your heart and your soul, they have not died..

And one day you will meet again... until that day, live your life as joyous as your permitted.. as thats what they want for you.

Rest all of the souls that have been lost for me, and rest the souls that have been lost from you all. Their suffering is over now.

Bahawolf said:
Well, I've experienced loss but after time not much phases you anymore..

I saw the events of 9/11 up close, and those memories will never leave me.. but their not as hurtful as some of the after-maths..

One of my friends, Meghan B. (her name is not said for privacy), lost both parents that day. Her mother worked inside of the building, and her father was head of the fire department. His last words as relayed by a police officer were, "I'm going in for her," as he was said to rush into the building before it went down, to never come out again.

It hurt me to see her weep.. and that in my view was a great loss.

Many more were lost in 9/11.. and I myself know several who were lost.. I'd rather not discuss them all. May their souls rest in peace with God now.

Another more recent loss, was my friend Lisa or Elizabeth G. She was 18 years old, and I'd known her for 6 years, since she was 12, and I was 11. Well, she died of a stupid mistake that she made at the time, but I won't hold her against it.. mistakes are made. Basically she did what I can only ask none of you to ever do.. she got into a car with a driver she was aware was drunk, and then didn't wear her seatbelt. You can predict the rest.. The SUV was going west on the expressway, took a ramp badly, and flipped out of control killing her and another 23 year old male inside of the car. The driver lived, and no other people or drivers were on the road.

About a year ago my friend Nikki, or Nicole which is more properly her name, was struck by a vehicle and killed. She was walking with her boyfriend and a car coming down whats called Patchogue / Holbrook road, which is a decently busy road, struck them only about 2 blocks from the boyfriends home. The boyfriend lived, thank god.. but unfortunately, she did not. Even worst, the driver was under something because he left the scene, came back 15 minutes later, and said he thought he hit garbage. Something tells me, 2 human bodys doesn't feel like garbage.

April 1st last year, another good friend of mine Ryan S. in 11th grade lost his battle to cancer. He had been battling cancer for such a long time, and the night before his death, he asked his mom, "Mom, I'm sorry.. but I need to let go.. will you let me?". She called all of his close friends who basically came to say good bye that night, and the next day he died.

There have been so many more losses..
But, loss is part of life.

Just remember when your sad, you've only lost the physical part of them..
As long as they live in memory, in your heart and your soul, they have not died..

And one day you will meet again... until that day, live your life as joyous as your permitted.. as thats what they want for you.

Rest all of the souls that have been lost for me, and rest the souls that have been lost from you all. Their suffering is over now.

that sucks dude...

i lost my grandma to a heart attack about a year back, it tore me apart, i started failing classes, i didnt do my homework, i wouldnt eat, it really screwed me up...

I lost a friend a few months ago, he was 16, working one day, and on the lunch break, they were all playing football. So the ball goes up on this roof they were working on, so he climbed up and got it, 25FT high, slips on a tile, falls flat on his head. Everyone tried to catch him but he was too quick falling.

16 Years of age
R.I.P ash

Back
Top Bottom