About to finally own my own car. Im totally revamping.. I need help finding new stuff

Half Evil

Golden Master
First off, their is the means of the stereo.

Well.. It looks pretty standard, but hell I dont know. And above the actual receiver, those are tape holders. So.. I could take that out and insert a box and leave it for empty space. But I need to find a stereo that will fit that..

Dimnetions are:
7'' x 2 1/4

I have no idea if this is standard or not.

Also, I will be needing new speakers (pictures of those tomorrow maybe).

No idea what size they are, but with a bit of research im sure someone can find it. Ill be needed 4 new ones of those. And a bass. I would like a 2 speaker sub.

I was in a friends car today, and his system is insane. Its about 900 watts. And his sub reaches about 120-125 decibles (sp). Although another friends car reaches about 140. Although I only need about 120. So im thinking about a 1000 watt system. So I need some nice speakers.

Where should I put the speakers?

Here are some views

backseat..

(and below the rear window their is a spot. Im not sure if I want it their though. And ill post a picture of that tomorrow.)

Trunk..

So.. Where do you think the bass should be put? Trunk? That would seem to sufocate the sound...

Any suggestions would be VERY welcome. And Ill do a bit of research on the car... As for now

Its a Merc Benz 190 C class. Year: 1991, or 1992.

Tomorrow, in the post below, I will post more pictures of different things I think you should see on it..

Please, keep in mind im 15. And I need it to be afordable!! I cant get like a 4 grand system. Im aiming for something about 1000-1500 dollars.

Re: About to finally own my own car. Im totally revamping.. I need help finding new stuff

Ok, well just to let you all know. This is my car

1222338zi.jpg

So please keep in mind, that, with this system, it needs to fit the car. I mean i cant have this system, that sounds like it should be in a truck, you know what I mean? But I still need it to ****ing thump! (hahaha, funny word)

Re: About to finally own my own car. Im totally revamping.. I need help finding new stuff

aye, man. CONGRATS!!! u got a car! thats so cool. my aunt gave me her old one last month. its a '98 4runner. so i gotta 'pimp' it out. like wat ur doing.

anyway, back to you...
you should get those subs that are like flat, and dont take up hardly any space. so u can put them under your front seats.
well, good luck. hopefully somebody better at this stuff can help you.

Uh.. Flat subs, lmao? Hmm.. Well first congrats on the car. Those things are freaking badass. I love those cars. Err.. SUV's. I mean dont get me wrong, I love my car, but damn, those 4runners are nice!

Anyways.. With 900-1000 watts, and like half of that in the sub, and the sub under the seat.. Well.. Wouldnt that be kinda awkward driving down the road with your ass always vibrating? Hahaha

I think a 1000 wats is a waste unless u like rap music and u want everyone to now it..so u go and waste ur money on a 300 POS sub..u should look for wuaility speakers..not jsut ones to be loud

I think he does like rap just like me. Yeah all subs always go in the trunk. Another thing if you get a nice sub then you might want to put dynamate on in your trunk so you dont get that dum rattle noise everytime the bass hits..It makes me so mad when im walking down the street a guy has a sub and when it makes the noise you hear the side panels shaking

Also be careful if you get a real nice sub just dont turn it up to much. MY friend has a 2000 BMW m5 yeah i know hes one lucky dude...He use to have this huge jl in the trunk but then he took it out all the shaking messed his windows motors up. So when he went to put the windows up they would go up all slow and crapp..

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Uh.. Flat subs, lmao? Hmm.. Well first congrats on the car. Those things are freaking badass. I love those cars. Err.. SUV's. I mean dont get me wrong, I love my car, but damn, those 4runners are nice!

Anyways.. With 900-1000 watts, and like half of that in the sub, and the sub under the seat.. Well.. Wouldnt that be kinda awkward driving down the road with your ass always vibrating? Hahaha
lol. well, if u dont have ur music at full blast all the time, then the subs under the seat wouldnt be too bad. it'd be like a massage. or u can just put one under ur passanger seat and have a hidden button to turn it on, so when u have somebody sleeping in the front seat, you can turn up the bass under their seat, and wake em up. lol.

oh and by flat sub, i meant these:
- http://www.crutchfield.com/S-n6Azx4q6aQM/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=51000&I=020SRV303
- http://www.crutchfield.com/S-n6Azx4q6aQM/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=51000&I=108BASSLN2
- http://www.crutchfield.com/S-n6Azx4q6aQM/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=51000&I=113KSCSW1
-

For subs I suggest either something from JL audio (cheaper) but for true quality subwoofers I say buy from Resonant Engineering aka RE. If you were to buy even two of the RE 8's those would kick so much ass. Everyone's intial opinion is "why so small, that's crap!". But then these idiots bust out their 10"/12" RF subs or something and think they have power. Well let me tell you, these 8" subs that RE makes would lay waste to a sub from a company like Rockford Fosgate. But if that's not enough for you, the RE series do come in both 10 and 12 inch versions. The downside to these subs is that they require larger enclosures than most other subs (except for the RE 8's which is the best part!). Then they have their SE, SX, XXX, and MT series which is starting to get into their competitive audio line. You need some series wattage to power these so I'd say stay away from them depending on how hardcore you are. But yeah, I suggest two RE8's because they will take up a lot less trunk space while still providing the power of two 10 or 12 inch subs from a cheaper manufacturer.

Dev0115 said:
I think he does like rap just like me. Yeah all subs always go in the trunk. Another thing if you get a nice sub then you might want to put dynamate on in your trunk so you dont get that dum rattle noise everytime the bass hits..It makes me so mad when im walking down the street a guy has a sub and when it makes the noise you hear the side panels shaking

Also be careful if you get a real nice sub just dont turn it up to much. MY friend has a 2000 BMW m5 yeah i know hes one lucky dude...He use to have this huge jl in the trunk but then he took it out all the shaking messed his windows motors up. So when he went to put the windows up they would go up all slow and crapp..

I dont think I need to worry about side panels on my car shaking.

badninja3 said:
lol. well, if u dont have ur music at full blast all the time, then the subs under the seat wouldnt be too bad. it'd be like a massage. or u can just put one under ur passanger seat and have a hidden button to turn it on, so when u have somebody sleeping in the front seat, you can turn up the bass under their seat, and wake em up. lol.

oh and by flat sub, i meant these:
- http://www.crutchfield.com/S-n6Azx4q6aQM/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=51000&I=020SRV303
- http://www.crutchfield.com/S-n6Azx4q6aQM/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=51000&I=108BASSLN2
- http://www.crutchfield.com/S-n6Azx4q6aQM/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=51000&I=113KSCSW1
-

Very very nice. Well maybe instead of having those under the seats, I could put them up here..

Inbeteween the two speakers up on that. Right below the back window..

Distortion88 said:
For subs I suggest either something from JL audio (cheaper) but for true quality subwoofers I say buy from Resonant Engineering aka RE. If you were to buy even two of the RE 8's those would kick so much ass. Everyone's intial opinion is "why so small, that's crap!". But then these idiots bust out their 10"/12" RF subs or something and think they have power. Well let me tell you, these 8" subs that RE makes would lay waste to a sub from a company like Rockford Fosgate. But if that's not enough for you, the RE series do come in both 10 and 12 inch versions. The downside to these subs is that they require larger enclosures than most other subs (except for the RE 8's which is the best part!). Then they have their SE, SX, XXX, and MT series which is starting to get into their competitive audio line. You need some series wattage to power these so I'd say stay away from them depending on how hardcore you are. But yeah, I suggest two RE8's because they will take up a lot less trunk space while still providing the power of two 10 or 12 inch subs from a cheaper manufacturer.

Well, unless I stick those 10 and 12's in the trunk, im outta luck. Besides that would muffle the sound. So could you please give me a link to the 8's. And maybe I could put those..

Behind each of the front seats? Because with a small enclosuer im sure they will fit!

pinky4life623 said:
I think a 1000 wats is a waste unless u like rap music and u want everyone to now it..so u go and waste ur money on a 300 POS sub..u should look for wuaility speakers..not jsut ones to be loud

I do like rap. But thats not the reason. I mean its just cool when your have a loud stereo. And then when im going down the street, everyone will know its me! Hahaha.. But its just the idea to have it loud, that is freakin tight!

And what are you talking about wasting my money on a 300 dollar POS sub.. Because for 300 you could get a nice sub..

BTW, lol, you don't have to worry about "muffled" sound with subwoofers. Subwoofers are for bass and trust me it will sound awesome even in the trunk. In fact I would say the subs will sound better than being inside passenger area with you. You want mid-range and tweeters to not be muffled because that is where you get the treble from.

And here's the link to the RE8's
http://www.reaudio.com/html/

Back
Top Bottom