DirectX 10 question

joe pic

Fully Optimized
will directx 10 only be supported on future cards? or ones available now? for example. would the 6800gs support dx10? or would i have to buy a new video card that supports dx10 when it comes out?

No, there are no available dx10 cards out at the moment. And no i dont think any of the cards that are out right now will support 10.0 its suppose to be this whole different thing with all these new technology. New shader 4.0 or something not a big expert.

There are no cards out right now that support directx 10. Its expected that the nvidia G80 series will. There comming out next. I dont know about ATI. So no, yer card does not support directx 10.

No current video card will work with DX 10.0. Neither will Windwos xp. only Vista will. With a specilized video card.

Current cards WILL NOT be able to use direct x10. And it will come in use with the Windows Vista Operating System.

Every version of DX has been backward compatible. I don't think MS would be that stupid to not be compatible with current systems. I would venture that people would be spooked off from buying Vista if they had to replace vid cards and other parts of thier system to run an over priced piece of bloatware.

Back
Top Bottom