A+ Certification

medabomb2000

In Runtime
I have been thinking about getting a A+ Certification. Has anyone taken the test within the last 2 years? I am just wondering the basis of what exactly is on the test. Also, I am not exactly sure how much it costs just to take the test. If anyone has any ballpark ideas, I would appriciate it.

I believe the test can range from $200 to $400. I suggest you take all the pre-tests you can and study it. They take your money regradless if you pass or fail.

I've taken the tests and become A+ Certified myself.. recently.
Be aware there are two tests.. A+ Core, and A+ OS.

To be A+ Certified, you must pass both.

I reccomend purchasing the A+ Certification Book by Mike Meyers, and also using http://passitnow.com

Be aware that when I took it, I was made aware that regulations of the test are changing soon.. meaning different questions.

There are 80 questions, and 50 count (30 are to see if they can use those in future tests, but your not told which count and which don't). If I remember correctly, you have 90 minutes to answer them.

All I can say is, my personal advice (amoung the other advice) is to make sure your ready. Don't be so excited to take the test that you rush it.. the test isn't cheap (unless you had the oppertunity like I did where my high school paid for my test because I was ready), and it requires alot of knowledge in multiple fields.

Most of it relies on memorization.. good luck.

all the course material can be found at the cisco.netacad.net but the course is called IT essential or something like that

its everything that both A+ exams cover

i did my a+ a few years back

Back
Top Bottom