Will everyone please take 30 seconds to help me..

I supposse if we're sharing school websites I should post mine. Take a look, it's an OK school. Right now we are the largest school in Oregon, plus, we are the only school in Oregon implementing the "Small Schools Intutive" which basically takes one super-school, and breaks it up into 'academies'. Our school has 4 academies, the HHS (Health & Human Services) ; MBA (Media & Business Academy) ; ET (Engineering & Technology) ; and finally the Arts academy.

Here's the website... :)

http://www.hsd.k12.or.us/liberty/

I understand your point but a lot of states are " borrowing " other states testing system as they appear to be better than what they have. But the feds say you have to have testing to not only see what the student knows but how well the school staff as a whole is doing also. Then the outcome is tied to federal funding of the school systems. Many schools would not be around if not for federal money.
He who has the gold makes the rules. In this case the feds have the gold therefore they make the rules.

setishock said:
I understand your point but a lot of states are " borrowing " other states testing system as they appear to be better than what they have. But the feds say you have to have testing to not only see what the student knows but how well the school staff as a whole is doing also. Then the outcome is tied to federal funding of the school systems. Many schools would not be around if not for federal money.
He who has the gold makes the rules. In this case the feds have the gold therefore they make the rules.

Which is why my state uses a different method. We have TESA Testing and CIM Testing. CIM is Certificate of Intial Mastery, and TESA, don't knwo what ti stands for, but it grades how much the students learn, and then decides how much money our school gets. We also have Focus Programs of Study, which is really interesting. It breaks up the academies into even smaller groups, and then you learn a specific thing. I personally don't like either system, as they have changed the school shedule 3 consecutive times, basically the school's entire running time. We've only been up for 3 years, still really new.

I just don't think it does the students any good to risk their graduation based upon a test. Their graduation should be based upon their High School career, not a one-time simple test. Just ridiculous to me.

JustinMcG67 said:
I voted for, "Eliminate the WASL altogether." And, I also sent them an e-mail. Here it is in its full entirty. :)

22 credits?? WTF!? I have to have 27.0 credits, and i'm forced to take a test which can also determine whether I graduate or not.

Doesn't that defeat the whole point of a vote? Itsn't it unethical to vote if the decision could affect others when it is not anything to do with ourselves?

nah, arriz, i think thats pretty stupid. a test that determines wheather or not yo graduate? thats lame. so what have you been working for the past 4 years in high school? ...i guess all of that doesnt come into play when you graduate? you have to take a test? thats ridiculous.. i voted, because i think its pointless

I live in Washington State and have to take the WASL next year...it is completely stupid and obserd! 1 test should not decide your future.....even most of the teachers at my school dislike it....

Back
Top Bottom