Which Memory Should I Use?

3gb? pointless if u ask me, 2gb is a decent amount these days, anymore than that and it just doesnt get used, and did u order dual channel or just regular ram because if u order dual channel ude see a noticeably performance difference

Key phrase is "These Days". I want something that's going to help in the future too. How do you know what I have now? Don't think its fair to say anything about how the performance will be noticeable unless you know what I have buddy. LOL I'm sure it will be faster.

BTW when I get them in does it matter what order they go in? I ordered (3) 1 Gig's.

13-136-148-02.JPG

ccasmoe00 said:
Key phrase is "These Days". I want something that's going to help in the future too. How do you know what I have now? Don't think its fair to say anything about how the performance will be noticeable unless you know what I have buddy. LOL I'm sure it will be faster.
it will be faster yes but buying 3gbs to make it "help in the future" wont do anything because by the time that u actually need 3gbs the rest of your comp will be useless and u will need to completely upgrade anyway, and u didnt answer my question, did u buy dual channel memory? if u didnt then i say u just wasted your money since the motherboard u posted a pic of supports dual channel and dual channel is twice as fast...

gaming_freak said:
it will be faster yes but buying 3gbs to make it "help in the future" wont do anything because by the time that u actually need 3gbs the rest of your comp will be useless and u will need to completely upgrade anyway, and u didnt answer my question, did u buy dual channel memory? if u didnt then i say u just wasted your money since the motherboard u posted a pic of supports dual channel and dual channel is twice as fast...
Well the memory he posted wasnt a dual channel so Im guessing that no it isnt. It shouldnt matter though because uts the same brand and model. Although with 3gb's he willn't even need to run dual channel.

It shouldnt matter what slots you put them in though to answer your question.

you don't need 4 gb of ram unless you are doing hardcore video rendering with your pc. you won't see performace gains with anything over 2 gb for normal use, or even gaming. personally I think 1 gb is plenty.

Thats exactly what I'm doing. I do alot of video editing. No gaming at all. Thats what I have my Xbox360 for. :) And I went with 3G instead of 4. LOL Thanks Kid for all the advice.

Back
Top Bottom