whats safe?

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
as u can see i have my comp watercooled but my cpu still gets to about 50C while gaming because i have it setup so that the water goes to my graphics card and then my cpu so by the time it gets to my cpu its pretty warm and it makes my cpu hotter, im getting a new DFI motherboard today and i want to overclock even more than it is already, whats a reasonable temp to stay under? i was thinking 55C maybe 60C what do u guys think?

hmm, considering you're running water cooling your temps should be a lot lower. Im running air cooling and my computer doesnt go passed 45*C (and that's under really heavy load). You should be aiming for something down in the 30-40*C range I think. 55 - 60*C is just too high for an AMD 64 processor (although not enough to serious damage it does reduce the life of it a lot more).

well even though i have watercooling it cools my graphics card great but as for my cpu its getting all the hot water from the graphics card so its not doin such a good job with that, maybe i could put my zalman back on my cpu and only watercool my graphics card but that sounds pretty stupid and i think my watercooling should be doing better but it isnt :(

You have the thermaltake watercooling kit right? Well that kit is pretty weak. You would be better off taking your video card out of the loop. That would help quite a bit. Also not sure about this but you could try getting a better radiator or pump that would help.

and if you do leave your graphics card in the loop, it should be switched so that it cools the cpu first since that is the most important.

The Amish Kid said:
You have the thermaltake watercooling kit right? Well that kit is pretty weak. You would be better off taking your video card out of the loop. That would help quite a bit. Also not sure about this but you could try getting a better radiator or pump that would help.

oh yes, i didnt notice that. See that's the problem with the big water cooling system is that they have an under powered pump. A lot of people swap the pump that comes with it out with one that can actually get the water moving. That's probably why the water is heating up so much because you don't have it circulating fast enough. You want a constant and quick flow of cool water.

Yeah a Zalman 9500 keeps a cpu colder then you water cooled system..Might want to get another pump

Back
Top Bottom