XP Theme

i can send to you on msn if you want. its like the pic above but theres another colour option. i just got it off google. im sure i had a whole folder of themes before but deleted them. ill try and find some more. not sure of the extension for the themes. dont think it has one. just called a visual style

OK, so I replaced the uxtheme.dll with a patched version and placed the downloaded theme files in the resource folder. Now when I try to activate the black royale theme that I want it changes the colours ok, but reverts back to the 'windows classic' style!

You mention something about it has to be an .exe file??? Well the themes I've seen on the net so far have just been .zip files with no .exe in them.

Any help appreciated!

they have to be visual theme files with a green square next to them. if the zip files have the visual theme style in it will work. i also found that double clicking on a theme anywhere also applies it. i had your problem before but with window blinds. not sure how i solved it. you sure its not just the theme you have applied? also try changing it back to xp in apperance and buttons

I'm pretty sure I put everything in the right place. There's the shell folder the theme file background screen.

When I replaced the uxtheme file though I only replaced the one in the System32 file and apparently there are backups that I should have also replaced. Did you do this when you replaced the file??

This could be the problem and I'll have another go when I get home.

Any advice would be appreciated though.

I can't believe that Microsoft XP won't let you change the colours of the visual style without all this messing around. You can do in in classic style so why not XP style??? Operating Systems should be incorporating more options not more limits as they progress.

when i downloaded the black theme i put the theme in the resources folder but it doesnt show up when i try to change it, what am i doing wrong?

you going to apperance and buttons to find it? should be there if all done correctly. i only replaced the uxtheme.dll with the modded one and saved the original one as uxthemeold.dll

Back
Top Bottom