Legalize Weed & Drinking Age to 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do I think we need to let it happen earlier. Very simple
1. ITs already happening you won't stop its a fact of life, plus slavery was already on its way out. Every southern at the tiime didn't expect slavery to last a extra 20 years because it was getting cheaper to hire a few skilled workers then feed a bunch of slaves.
2. If you make it legal poeple that are aganist drinking,smoking etc won't start.
3. You take the most of the thrill out of the equation making it less attrative.
4. Since its less attractive more poeple will drink, but less.
5. Example, my a friend of mine. He says when he was a kid he begand rinking beer/wine at the age of about 12 to 13 in public and stuff. No one big deal out of it. By the age of 15 to 16 he began experimneting with harder liqour such as whiskey, vodka, etc, etc. he is 45 years old... His last drink was a month ago, the last time he got drunk was 8 months ago at his brothers birthday party. He said he was never truly attracticed to the stuff because IT WASN'T A BIG DEAL! It was like wow yea, ok theres a beer big whoop.

I'd like to bring in my personnal exp. Lets call them magenizes. That every guy likes, well my faimly is open and we really don't care if we have a Play Boy on the table or somthing. If I see a playboy its not a big deal at 13 or 14 even then because i'd seen it all and it wasn't that big of a deal. However a friend comes over he is like HOLY CRAP THIS IS SO COOL! For me it wasn't a big deal, it was like yea thats nice. For him it was like OMG this is a rare moment.

If you made drinking among teenagers a legal common thing less will get drunk shitlessly because they will see no point in having to chug down bottles of whiskey. Sure they'd drink, moderitally. Maybe slightly heavy on speacil events like birthdays, newsyears eve and so on. You see my point making alchol legal at 16 would take the fun out getting really smashed and taling about it wouldn't be a big ISSUE!

Weed, ok back in the states I could get anything drug i wanted too within a few hours. I could get weed within in 15 mins. Its all over, 75% of highschool students have said they've tried it. Its easy to get it, easy to hide, easy, easy, easy, easy, easy.

Making it legal will for one take the crime out of weed. It really will, you don't see poeple getting beat up, shot, etc over cigerattes do you? Well it somtimes happens with weed. You make weed legal poeple won't shot each other over it.

Also itd free up a lot of prison space for the murders, and rapers which we so kindly let off because we got a bunch of potheads who just want that next joint. Also weed waers off over time.

I talked to a guy he said he was a HUGE POTHEAD between the ages of 14 to 19. He hit his 20s and he kept on smoking till he hit about 31. However it got less, and less, and less. WHy did it get less and less because it was wearing off. It wasn't the high that he had enjoyed so much. So he simply got tried of it and quit. He is 36. He said the last time he had smoked any it was just a few hits with him and his new wife. Bfore that he hadn't smoked for 9 months. He said he smoked once about every 6 months or so. The affects of weed wears off over time, and if you aren't after that ultra next step higher high then your good.

also considering 2% of teens admit of being regular users of harder drugs, 75% of the teens have done weed. Thats like maybe 3% of poeple that smoke weed go to harder drugs.

Also the health affects are less then cigarettes for one you don't smoke as much weed as cigerattes because I mean your not going smoke on the job or anything. Also once again it takes the thrill out of it. Makes crime around it a WHOLE LOT less.

SERIOUSLY I mean SERIOUSLY hurt the drug trade. it'd hurt the drug trade really BADLY. I don't know the exact figures on drug trade. But I do know weed is a HUGE PART, of it. This means you slow down terrioism, gun trafficing, illegal ailen trafficing all illegal activites REALLY FAR DOWN.

Also some poeple could open up their own "weed" shop. It would take a few poeple out of the ghettos and such and they could legally sell weed.

It'd made weed a safer drug to use. People somtimes lace weed with other drugs. I once had a bad reaction to some of it because it was laced. In making it legal poeple won't lace the weed with ANYTHING. Because they wouldn't wanna be arrested. I mean its that really truly simple.

Also weed is natural. Its grown in the wild I know you can find a weed plant just about anywhere in the world! I mean even crack is natural the leaf that they make crack out of has a lot of benefits for poor popele. It takes the hunger away its cheap too. You can buy a 'crack" leaf eat your breakfast, then have just that one leaf for lunch and you'd be good for the rest of the day and not high. But they do stuff to crack in the process from the leaft to the wide powder which is bad. Weed natural I mean most serious potheads don't even buy off the streets they have their own lil plants.

Um, nate, this doesn't show you to be any more mature in this debate. I ask youo nicely to resize your front to a respectable level. Its a point of view its a political debate if you can't handle being upset over it then simply don't invole yourself in it. In debate club we learned you need to control your emotions and resist outbrusts of angry because it really only truly makes you look like an idiot and makes your point worse.

xguynameddavex said:
Its people like you that are the ones letting it happen, letting become a controlling factor of our day and age more and more. I'm not insulting you, but what is your reasoning for these thoughts, i mean your just agreeing with slayer /:, i want to know why you think it cant be stopped, not just that you agree.

It can be stopped, and im not saying shield people from it.

EX: slavery, people probobly said the same thing about slaves, "Slavery cant be stopped, its already here" i dont see too many slaves around today do you?

Im not saying computerforums.org should form a league of extrordinary prohibitioners... lol thought of that myself... but if it is bad, like you said slayer, if you agree that it is a problem, then why are you arguing for it?

The legal age is fine the way it is, when you hit that age, statistics say your mind isnt growing anymore, 21 is the age were critical thinking kicks in and your as close to an adult as you have ever been, and thats why the legal age is set to 21.

How can you be so sure that Slavery still isn't going on in parts of the world? Anyway, the world took it as an understandably serious issue, as it involved the mistreating of human beings. The complete ruling out of alcohol and cannabis is completely different.

I'm not really arguing for it. What I'm saying is that neither are going anywhere anytime soon, and because of this, the younger generation should be taught to have a different attitude towards them than what the earlier generations were a few years ago. Look at Moonshine; a banned drink, that already members here have admitted to have access to. It's banned, yes, but is it still available? Most definately. The same would happen if alcohol and cannabis were banned, but on a much, much larger scale. Moonshine is just one drink. Alcohol is in a massive amount of drinks, and food, it would be impossible to stop every single drop of alcohol in the world from being available. In the case of Cannabis, all you need to grow it is a slightly scented vegetable patch in your garden and the seeds for the plant, and a few other standard plant foods available from any local Garden Centre. If the complete ban and shutdown and Cannabis was attempted, what are the police across the world going to do? Search every single house, shed, greenhouse and garden in the world for any trace of the substance and/or what is needed to grow it? It would be a massive and impossible task.

So, both are part of society, and will be for quite a long time. If the situations were different, and both wouldn't be so hard to shut down completely, then .. Yeah, I'd still be cheesed off if a total ban came along, but I'd get used to it eventually and accept it. It won't happen though, which is exactly why I'm saying that the upcoming generations need to be brought up in a more open environment, because otherwise, the number of rebellious legless teenagers staggering around on the street will increase, as will the number of innocent people getting hurt.

This seems to just be going back and forth, but i will announce this as my final rebuttle.

Do you know anyone with a slave? I sure dont. before you couldnt walk down the road without seeing a slave, but now you can see that it has progressed in america down to nothing here in america.

You can't drive through a town without seeing at least one liquior store, now, what do you see more when you open an american refrigerator? a 24 pack of 5% alcohol miller lite, or a jug of 190 proof moonshine? your going to see the 24 pack. What do you see more on a counter? A box of cigars, or a bowl and a sack of weed?

Now say that you do take your way of doing things, we make moonshine legal so less rebels will want it, not only will it infect our american homes because of its easy access, but it will be more accepted, and the conforming folks will see it as an invite to get obliterated faster. We legalize weed so that america will see it as ok, because "why else would they make it legal?" it will infect our homes and become normal, it will turn into an everyday thing, and will eventually lose its shock value.

look at tv, they recently just let "fu**" slip through in one of the award shows, and america was shocked, OH My GOd!!! it has now become a normallity, and swearing is becoming less and less uncommon, do people stop watching tv because the "buzz" or "shock value" of watching it isnt there anymore? no, they continue to watch it because it becomes habit, it becomes an every day after dinner task.

What it boils down to is a matter of choice, laws do not stop anyone from doing anything, they are just legal suggestions that, if not followed, are followed with conciquences. kids can choose to drink at 16, kids can choose to smoke weed, but these are all self loathing selfish acts. They do not help anyone else by using them and they do NOT help society as a whole.

If america would choose to lower the drinking age to 16 and legalize weed, that will not slow down anything, it will just turn it into a normallity, I see high and drunk people all the time, how would you like those people cooking your food, how would you like those people protecting your town, how would you like those people RUNNING yoUR COUNTRY??? i know i wouldn't.

In Conclusion, The bads outweigh the goods, you cant deny that, it may help some, but it harms more, like me, my sister, my grandpa, my mom, my dad, my uncle's my aunt's, every single one of them are proud AA members and realize that alcohol is a harmfull drug, and you dont need it to live your life to the fullest. This has been an excellent debate but we just seem too stubborn for either of us to change our opinions. good day ( :

p.s. nik, you seem like an awfully accepting character, would you accept it if it ruined some of your family members lives?

xguynameddavex said:
This seems to just be going back and forth, but i will announce this as my final rebuttle.

Do you know anyone with a slave? I sure dont. before you couldnt walk down the road without seeing a slave, but now you can see that it has progressed in america down to nothing here in america.

You can't drive through a town without seeing at least one liquior store, now, what do you see more when you open an american refrigerator? a 24 pack of 5% alcohol miller lite, or a jug of 190 proof moonshine? your going to see the 24 pack. What do you see more on a counter? A box of cigars, or a bowl and a sack of weed?

Now say that you do take your way of doing things, we make moonshine legal so less rebels will want it, not only will it infect our american homes because of its easy access, but it will be more accepted, and the conforming folks will see it as an invite to get obliterated faster. We legalize weed so that america will see it as ok, because "why else would they make it legal?" it will infect our homes and become normal, it will turn into an everyday thing, and will eventually lose its shock value.

look at tv, they recently just let "fu**" slip through in one of the award shows, and america was shocked, OH My GOd!!! it has now become a normallity, and swearing is becoming less and less uncommon, do people stop watching tv because the "buzz" or "shock value" of watching it isnt there anymore? no, they continue to watch it because it becomes habit, it becomes an every day after dinner task.

What it boils down to is a matter of choice, laws do not stop anyone from doing anything, they are just legal suggestions that, if not followed, are followed with conciquences. kids can choose to drink at 16, kids can choose to smoke weed, but these are all self loathing selfish acts. They do not help anyone else by using them and they do NOT help society as a whole.

If america would choose to lower the drinking age to 16 and legalize weed, that will not slow down anything, it will just turn it into a normallity, I see high and drunk people all the time, how would you like those people cooking your food, how would you like those people protecting your town, how would you like those people RUNNING yoUR COUNTRY??? i know i wouldn't.

In Conclusion, The bads outweigh the goods, you cant deny that, it may help some, but it harms more, like me, my sister, my grandpa, my mom, my dad, my uncle's my aunt's, every single one of them are proud AA members and realize that alcohol is a harmfull drug, and you dont need it to live your life to the fullest. This has been an excellent debate but we just seem too stubborn for either of us to change our opinions. good day ( :

p.s. nik, you seem like an awfully accepting character, would you accept it if it ruined some of your family members lives?

Agreed. Great job dude

I find it funny that the people who agree with legalizing weed are the weed smokers who think it doesn't do any harm to your body and think they should be able to smoke it out in the open.
My personal opinion is that weed should never be legalized. the fact is that drugs can ruin your life. So many people don't realize that. Most of them are kids who think they are invincible and think they have all the answers. Truth is, you WILL get caught, it's just a matter of time, and when you do get caught you're going to jail. My boss' son got caught selling weed and did 5 years in jail, he is now a felon, cannot leave the country under any circumstances and for the rest of his life whenever anyone asks him if he is a felon or has done jail time he has to answer "yes". Kids need to realize that it isn't worth it. If they legalize it, like someone said, it will become normal and we'll see hundereds of stoned teenagers walking around the streets.
For all you weed smokers out there.......WEED IS ILLEGAL AND ALWAYS WILL BE....GET OVER IT.

As for the drinking age being 21, just because it's 21 doesn't mean kids aren't drinking before 21. In fact, a lot of parents buy alcohol for their kids because they figure that there isn't any harm in it if they stay in their own house. I don't agree with this and I don't agree with lowering the drinking age because if we do, you will see it happening a LOT more. Kids can't wait to get to drinking age so they can legally go into a bar and drink beer. Plus, I don't feel that anyone under 21 is responsible enough to drink alcohol. In fact, if they raised it to 25 it wouldn't bother me one bit.

edit: why do people start these stupid threads when they know it's just going to turn into a huge flame war that someone is going to end up getting banned over??

Nicely said.. I mean.. Most people here agree it SHOULD NOT be legalized, and we have great reasons to back it up. But for the people that are agreeing, they come up with some pretty stupid reasons. Like it can help people. DONT DRUGS DOES NOT HELP PEOPLE. It makes our kids of today, better adults of tomorrow. HAHAHA IM SURE..

*sigh*

Some people just cant learn. Oh well..

*roll eyes*

It's mostly people who enjoy smoking weed and want to see it legalized so they can just do it without getting in trouble which is no reason at all to legalize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom