If I were to build Again

dmar713

Beta member
What kind of suggestions would you give me if I were to build again.

Taking in consideration :

This would be my second build.

And yes I play Everquest2. So I would want a "Game" type system. Although I would use it for other things as well.

Money: Well I would not prefer to spend more than 2, 000 US Dollars and I would probably reuse my Flat Screen Monitor (Digital).

I know nothing about overclocking and although I guess I understand why. I really don't think I would want to mess with that my self.

Ohh yea !! I like the Kewl stuff.

I am sure there are things I have left out. But I will edit later.

Please use your knowledge here to help me out. I am in no rush, but I have gotten the idea that I might want to update/upgrade/TRASH LOL my old machine.

--Dew

Firstly, get an AMD CPU.

And change your sig to 5 lines. If Maurice sees it you he'll open up a can of whoop-ass on you

ya deffinately go with amd but dont fork out 2 grand right now because a whole load of new technology is coming out soon such as amds new socket coming out on june 6th and theres windows vista and directx 10 so dont build another one just yet

OK hope the sig is better, I am new here and did not mean to offend anyone. Just looking for a little advice and info from the experts.

Now my next question is why AMD. I have never had a machine with AMD.

--Dew

dmar713 said:
OK hope the sig is better, I am new here and did not mean to offend anyone. Just looking for a little advice and info from the experts.

Now my next question is why AMD. I have never had a machine with AMD.

--Dew

lol, you didn't offend anyone, it's just Maurice has a 'thing' about long sigs.

Why AMD? Simply, for gaming they kick INTEL's ass. I don't know all the tech mumbo-jumbo, someone with a little more experience will probably reply with all that.

Yeah 2gb is good, any more then that is only if your doing video editiing.

A lot of people will tell you to go with AMD but if you want to stay with intel then I suggest getting one of the new 65nm processors. Here's the one I would get Link

For a motherboard this one is really nice Link

For memory just get 2gb's and you should be good.

Well your hard drive is really good so you dont really need a new one of those. Unless you want to get another one for storage.

These are my suggestions just if you want to stay with intel.

Back
Top Bottom