More help for a friend..

MarxSoccer

BSOD
Well, my intel 630 3.0ghz been slow for my tastes and my stock fan's been doing GREAT for temps. I overclocked to 3.3ghz with the temps 16/45. I want to try 3.6ghz and see if it stays below 30/55. But, whenever my comptuer tries, it just crashs on the spot. Thankfully my mobo resets to stock everything so its back to normal. I just overclocked 3.3 again, and its ... perfectly stable. Why is 3.6 just not working? My cpu cant handle it? Ram issue?

I had an issue with the ram overclocking 3.3, i had to raise the frequency to 266mhz. Do i have to raise more for 3.6?

:confused:

could be a number of related issues. Voltage(CPU and memory), RAM quality, the mobo itself, RAM frequencies....umm, probably more but that's just off the top my head ATM

well what ram is he using?
When he changes the FSB then the speed of the ram also changes, so maybe his fsb is too much for the ram.
Tell him to set the ram on a divider and see if it works. Also if the cpu is running with stock voltage then bumb the voltage a little, this makes the cpu more stable.

that sounds like the motherboard i have now, it has a feature to overclock by 5% ect but i never use it, he should be able to set it to manual and do it that way

Back
Top Bottom