Amd Athlon 2800 Running hot

Are you sure the processor is making good contact with the heatsink? Sometimes it's just not making proper contact, as simple as that may sound. The best way to check would be to clean the heatsink/processor - apply new stuff, and then put the heatsink on. Taking it off and examining the area on the heatsink for areas of application in comparison to the processor. If it is indeed making good contact, then it's likely inadequate airflow maybe caused by the fan itself. The fan that came with it should have no issues heating it and unless there's something truly wrong with the heatsink itself (If it is indeed making perfect contact) that would likely be related to the fan itself, rather than the heatsink. Unfortunately if that's the case, the best thing to do is purchase another one.

Well I have the 3000 and its doing the samething.. It cant take heavy loads. The Stock heatsink wont even keep it under 60 degrees. And when i put a heavy load on it lIke GTA or Fable it does the same thing... I think its the motherboard being gay. That or stock fans blow. Im Buying a thermaltake heatsink in a couple days to see if it makes a difference. And if not its definantly the motherboard.

Peace

yea ive had problems with that cpu from the day it was bought.....i have a 3500 and it runs at 28 C idle and 33 c at full tilt.

is it possible that the cpu its self is just not a good one and runs hot.

It also could be possible that he has gotten a fake cpu? because I know a mate who got a AMD XP 3200 and it was really hot, and later found out that it was a 2400 modded to a 3200

Well i found out it was the sensors on my motherboard acting up. Causing my bios to think differently.

i dont think my sensors are messed up cuz if you feel the heat sinc it feels like its 60 C

Back
Top Bottom