restoring windows

bakler

Solid State Member
hey everyone, i am new to the forums. Is there any possible way to restore windows to exactly how it was when i first installed? I would just do a complete format, but with this new windows genuine advantage thing i have to call in to activate everytime i format and i personally do not like having to do that :mad: . Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

well you would have to do system restore to the earliest point available. start > all programs > accessories > system tools > system restore. i hope i helped :)

Well you can reformat using the Windows disk.. But I think thats what you mean with the advantage thing, because you have the corperate edition? I dont know.. but tahts the only way. Unless you do a complete system restore from the first day, and then after that, just delete programs off it, and then defragment your hard drive.

i ended up doing a restore to the very first day. I thought that i disabled system restore cause that is what i usually end up doing when i first install windows. I guess its a good thing i forgot this time. Thanks.

it is impossible to restore back to the first day u got your comp unless you have only had it a few days, when u reinstall windows why not just use "register through the internet" instead of phoning in every time?

Back
Top Bottom