XP Theme

STYLEXP i like it, pay the $20 and get full version, but they have boot screens, visual styles (like above) logins, its AWESOME

i can install any theme now without a program!!! :D google sure does pay off. not sure if i can post it on here, dont think its illegal though

Yeah let us in on it..I hate using blinds dont have it no more makes me feel like its slowing my comp down which it proooly is...along with obhject dock its just going to lag my comp...POST IT!!

this is what i did to get a cool VIsta looking comp,

1 download windows blinds free version
2 go to deviantart.com and find the window blinds themes there are a bunch of Vista ones

That's what I do: Get Win Vista lol :p

I had it, but the thing would freeze on me each time I browsed the net :mad: I should give it another try...

And, no reset button...Ih ave to power off the whole thing.

Ok, I just downoaded the Windows Royale Longhorne Black visual style. I now have the theme file, a windows visual style file and the shellstyle.dll. Does anybody know where I place these in Windows to enable it???

I did download the trial version of styleXP, but if I can install it myself that would be better. I only want this one theme and I'm not interested in changing boot screens.

ok i know how to use theme files without a program... wont work if its not exe. you just need the theme file. you need to download a modified system file called "uxtheme". you place the modded one in the system32 folder and keep the original one as a backup. you then place the themes you want to use in the resources folder in windows. then go to display properties and apperance and buttons and it will be under there (all your downloaded themes). a pc reboot may be required. heres a pic of it in action.....
rjjres.jpg

Thanks dude1234 I just downloaded a copy of the uxtheme patch from softpedia so I'll give that a go.

If you don't hear from me for a while you'll know I knackered something in the process lol!

Back
Top Bottom