cpu's

Like stated above the X1900XTX is lets see about 70x better then the 7600. If you knew anything you would know that clock speeds are hardly anything anymore. the 7800 hardly compares to the X1900XTX the 7900 does but thats a different story.

But he doesnt know anything. Thats why hes here being an ass to one of the most respected members.

Sorry this comes off so harsh, but he takes the time to find this for you. And you just shrug it off, and compalin. Not even a thanks for trying. Learn some basic maners.

so what how do my designs compare? should i spend $500 on a dual core amd to fit my first rig? i know i don't know anything about this but i thought my design was pretty good for a novice.

Logan said:
so what how do my designs compare? should i spend $500 on a dual core amd to fit my first rig? i know i don't know anything about this but i thought my design was pretty good for a novice.

OMG!

And you still shrug it off. Wow.. I mean just.. Holy ****. Srcrew this im not helping you anymore.

sry everybody calm down i didn't see the new posts and i'm sorry if i sounded like i was blowing off your suggested pc, i just responded out of ignorance. no meaness intended, please patience i'm still learning, and i tend to be too confident in the little that i do know. sry.

Your design would have become obsolute in about 3 months. Which is why everyone is saying you should buy a Dual Core. Because every PC manufacture is switching to a complete Dual Core line up. TO put it into perspective, AMD is releasing SIX new dual core processors, and only TWO new single core processors. Not to mention, Intel is goign to make the switch to complete Dual Core and Quad Core processors by the end of this year.

I believe the Pentium 4 is going to be replaced by the Conroe, and the Pentium D to be replaced by the Kentsfield. My advice is rather simple: If you're goign to build a computer, don't do it now. Reason for this is also simple, if you purcahse a single core gaming system, your PC will become obsolute relativly overnight. Why spend $1500 on a machien that is flawed right form the concept? Just doesn't make sense.

Buy for the future Logan. Get a Dual Core processor, and buy a video card that will boast technoligies for years to come. To do this, buy either an X2 series dual core from AMD, or a Pentium D 9xx processor from Intel. Or wait even longer, get a Conroe or an X2 5000+. In addition to this, you should purchase at least a 7900GT, or an X1900XT or XTX. Yes, it's expensive, but, in the long run you won't have to upgrade liek everyone else will here in the next 6 months.

Plus, you MUST buy DDR2 memory. Every single motherboard manufacturer is switching to DDR2 as the standardized type of memory. Currently, only Intel provides DDR2 memory, which is why I suggested Intel to you. However, on June 6th of this year, AMD is launching their much anticipated Socket AM2, which also will be using DDR2 memory. So, why buy a computer that uses old and outdated memory? Save yourself money, go with a DDR2 system.

But hey, these are only suggestions based off of extensive research and countless hours spent reading through reviews and forums, but hey, what do I know? :confused: :)

At least say "sorry", not "sry". Anyways.. Its not that were slamming you because you dont know anything. Its because, you shugged off someones hard work for you.

Okay.. Now in my option, that computer is great, the one that he went for.. Okay, get everything he suggested, with this..

Best optical mouse on the market
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826104178

best laser mouse on the maket
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826104191

As for keyboards..
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16823126135

Yeah, im a logitech freak, but it doesnt matter, they make GREAT stuff.. Also to not bottleneck that video card, get this processor..
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116211

Get that stuff, and you will be SET!

thank you very much and sorry again for any frustration/irritation. i'll take your advice. since i've already pissed you off i'm reluctant to ask you anything else but, to anyone else who reads this, taking into account what he said, (that i shouldn't build a computer now) what should i do in the mean time (with limited money to buy the nice parts he graciously supplied :D

edit:didn't see that post again(i type to slow) talking about the 1900 vid card??

Back
Top Bottom