difference between core duo and pentium D?

Right now Core duo is only out or mobile computers. It has the 65nm manufactuing process. Pent D is the 90nm and also dual core. Much more powerfull at the moment. And its also only for Desktops. Although Core duo is comming out later for desktops. I also forgot to tell you that Core duo saves major power when running in a moble. And you need all the battery power you can in a lappy.

Your partly right.

The core duo is a laptop processor. It is extreamly fast. Saves 20% more batter then the Pentium M's did and is soposed to be 20% cooler as well. Currently being used in PC laptop Apple laptops and Apple iMacs.

The Pentum D IS NOW a 65nm CPU. Faster clock speed (still fast however the Duo out performs most of the Pentum Ds when it comes to processing time) The Pentiums Ds are 64bit where the Duos are not.

then how come the mac desktop imac has an intel core duo?

edit: sorry, didnt notice the second post

The Pentium D 9xx series of processors have been made using a 65nm die. Infact, the Conroe and Kentsfield will be on the 65nm die. If you didn't know either, the Kentsfield is a Quad-Core processor. :)

Yep the all 9xx PD are 65nm

And the Apple iMacs use the intel duo. The iMac is a cross between a laptop and a desktop. The reason why they use the duo is because it is 4x faster then their G5 runs a lot cooler. and requires less power

Well, then Pentium D uses it's second core differently then the Core Duo I believe. NOt forcertain on that though so don't take my comment on it to be a fact.

One thign is for certain, the Core Duo is one heck of a little processor! :D

Back
Top Bottom