Paritition your Hard Drive???

coolguy1

Baseband Member
Hey guyz, I was thinking about partition the Hard drive. I got just a C Drive and its 80 GB worth and its 79GB filled and just 1Gb Free. I got some movies, Music so on. I was planning to partition it into another Drive as D. How do I do it? Is it free to do it? And what else makes my computer Run faster. Thanks.

That hard drive is done for. You parition your hard drive mainly for dual boots. You dont need to. And you cant with out losing any data. And even if you did. It wouldnt show up as another hard drive. I dont think. Really I dont know. But.. It doesnt matter. In your case with only 1gb left. You cant parition your hard drive. You just need a new one.

Lot of that stuff can be burned on DVDs and can you add another New Drive in the laptop? how do we do that? Can I increase my laptop to more 80 GB? thanks.

Oh thats a lappy?

Well in that case, burn as much as you can onto Dvd, like music and such. Only keep what you need on the computers. And from their if you really need to, you HAVE NO choice but to take the computer to a tech, and have him install a bigger hard drive. Although.. Its a lappy. So i dont think you will get two harddrivs in that thing.

Do we need to do Defragment for the C drive and also the Disk Clean Up? Is is safe and necessary? Thanks.

Safe, yes. Although.. You cant effectivly do the Defrag, unless you have 15% of the drive empty. But it wont hurt to do it. Just make sure to do the Disk clean up. And if you do the defrag, is going to take a really long time. So dont use it when it does it. because it cant do it effectivly in the first place. Also go through add/remove programs and delete what you dont need. And then search program folders, and find random crap you dont use. Delete temporary internet files, and do some spy ware scans.

How long for the Defragment? Like 10 hours? and does it make the computer run faster? Thanks.

Well in your case it probably wont. because their isnt enough free space on the hard drive to do it right. Although it may help. Anyways. You really need to clean it up, via taking crap off it.

I started burning the crap out and was planning to do the Defragment whole nite? So where do i start for that? Disk Clean Up and then deleting the unimportant data, so on.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom