Half Evil

Golden Master
Thats my drivers version for my sound card. Do any of you know any newer ones. Because I cant find anything, but a friend told me im not getting the full surround, because, I dont have the newest drivers. Thats the newest I can find.

The card is the Creative Sound Blaster Live! 24bit.

that is the same card I have and I have the version 5.12.2.296, 10/15/2003.
Just off the top of my head I'm not sure if that is the driver that is right off the disk or if I updated it. Go to Creative's website and it will automatically find the newest driver for what you have, or if you are running XP just click "update driver"

Yeah, I get the full effect of the surround sound. On the back of the card is 2 outputs, in the 1st output I have my Z-2300's hooked up, one output to the sub, the sub has the built in amp and all that and the 2 satellite speakers hook up to the sub. Then in the second output I have an 1/8th inch to RCA adapter that is hooked up to a 240 watt shelf system that I have in the room. How do you have your speakers set up?

edit: I have mine on 4.1 because I don't have a center channel speaker. Do you have the Creative Surround Mixer installed?

Yeah. I think I do.

Also, All the satelites hook the base. And the Center, also does. And the base has 3 cords going out to the computer. And with the sound card, only the green jack works on the back of the card. Because the black and yellow dont worrk in the inputs on the card. But they do with the inigrated.

well the other cords are for the sp/dif out on the card.
try messing around with the options in the creative surround mixer, there is an option in there to have it as 2.1, 4.1 or 5.1 or headphones, and it has all the EAX options in there as well as bass and treble and all that. If anything, that would be your problem, I don't think this is a driver issue. Hit me up on MSN - pigeonpunter_98@hotmail.com, AIM - tgardone or yahoo messenger - da_man9769 sometime.

I have EVERYTHING setup to 5.1 options.. Trust me. I not exactly sure what the issue is. unless the Amish dude screwed me move. Although I dont think he would do that..

Back
Top Bottom