Here we go, temps are high again

sry to ask this but if u go in the bios and have it turn on at certain times and u laeve it on overnight does it no its on and jsut leave it on or will it shut itself off??

It's still on. I truned it on for like an hour with a BIOS message (OC failed...yeah, I powered it off from the switch) Then, the CPU was at 70C+ and when I touched the top, it was boiling hot. This PSU Heatsink/Fan suck a lot. Yes, it's a stock fan...and it suck badly :mad:

4452L.jpg

The BIOS reads it correctly. The ASRock one did the same thing too. BTW, kev, I wouldn't flash the BIOS if it is already at the latest, and I wouldn't flash at all...I don't have problems with mobo issues.

Yeah i dont think flashing it would be a good idea, maybe your best bet is just go out and buy a new heatink/fan

i'd pick up some AS5, i think it's a lot better than whatever they give you. If you want to go further maybe look into an aftermarket HSF

yea if ur running a 775 on that heatsink which i think was origionally designed for a 478 then no wonder, i am using thermal grease thats "comp usa" brand and i got temps at 100 so i'm not 2 worried about temps. just make sure u get something with alot of airflow and to spread the thermal paste across the surface of the heatsink's copper or silver part, whereever the heatsink touches the processor itself and u ought 2 be fine. but i mean i'm using a stock fan for my 3.0 p4 and it's fine, just looks different.

I need a new case...the one I have makes it jam packed...it's small...and I can't understand why. Probably the depth of it is at the minimum in the front...

And a new heatsink/fan. The one I have has a small fan IMO.

Is it a Socket T processor? You couldn't mount a 478 heatsink on a 775 motherboard without some kind of wild miracle. The problem is quite common with 775 due to it's frustrating heatsink mounting - but under normal circumstances, if that's the heatsink that came with the processor (Did it?) from the box there is no reason other than bad contact for you to get temperatures that high. Although some AS5 would be recommended - if it's bad contact, it won't make a difference. It may seem like the heatsink is making good contact (If you're using the desginated 775 heatsink on your system, provided that's the same you have) but chances are it isn't - Socket T can be a pain that way.

Back
Top Bottom