Legalize Weed & Drinking Age to 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
ArrizX_MuziK said:
How do you know that we will mature faster? But wait.. That has to do with responsibility.. So then tell me this. Kids here already abuse it. Hell I know kids that go make plans to get drunk. So your telling me that.. With more of it offered, they wont get drunnk, they will be responsible.. Just like every other adult out thier.
have you not considered that they make the plans to go and get drunk because they are being rebalious???

When I saw 16/17 we used to go to local band gigs allt he time in pubs. and we always used to drink. I've always been allowed to drink at home and hence never came home drunk, simply because I never felt the need to...

contrast this with my friend Vicky, she always got drunk at these gigs, and at the end of the night someone was always having to look after her as she was sick all over the car park at the end of the night.

She wasn't allowed to drink at home, and hence given the oppertunity to rebel against her strict parents, she grabbed it with both hands... I had nothing to rebel against, and so didn't get paraletically drunk.

Do you understand how an increased drinking age leads to more rebellion and hence more underage drinking.
when people are given a responsible privellage, *most* people are responsible with it.

its actually not physically possible to OD on weed, you would pass out before you could ever come close to it.

well my personal opinion is that drinking and smoking and drugs are bad for you. now medical drugs i am ok with, but when ur drinkin and smoken it smells horrible, it's bad for you, and alot of times people tend 2 do it because they say it relaxes them. well thats just wimpin out in my opinion if ur doing something u know is horrible for you because it supposidly(sp) relaxes you. Drinking every once and awhile is ok if u don't drink alot of often. i doubt it but i may have a beer or 2 every now and then but chances are i wont. it's discusting stuff imo and hopefully most of you reframe form it. it's not really fair for people who are in a crowed place like a theatre say and smell smoke because it gross. it's just like sitting next to some1 who hasn't showered in a few days or doesn't wear deoderent(sp) *gasp for air* ok, just thought i'd let every1 know how i feel about it. one more thing i just realized is that were talking about bringing the age down 2 16. well i think it's stupid but also i don't think it should b 16. i feel it should stay at 21 for the better of the people of that age group. plus ur parents are in charge of u till ur 18 anyways so even if it was ligilized or shwhatever they could still force it. so yuea my overall simple opinion is that smoking and drinking is bad and they sould both be ligial after age 21. :)

Nik00117 said:
Moonshine isn't hard to get...

Omg Moonshine, see thats something id like to try :p
It was funny on ..um whats the move......

*thinks*
I dunno but it had Johnny(from jacka$$) in it with the bimbo...jessica lol..
Anys...

Looks good, lol....:|

But in any case why is Moonshine illegal, i asked my mum but she didnt tell me a great lot, all i know its old and been around for years.. Thats about all...

I'd like to see how Nik00117 gets hold of moonshine???

the definition of moonshine is whiskey distilled in an illegal manner... (i.e without licensing).

so they wouldn't sell it in shops, and if you bought a drink called moonshine, well that's just a brand, and not actually moonshine...

moonshine, and moonshining are just as illegal today, (pretty much all over the world) as it was in the times of prohibition in america. -which is when it became more popular.

I know in GA my buddy's dad made moonshine. I could of gotta ahold of. And root you have a good point too. My friends parents taylor are really strict. Mine aren't. I've been drunk to the point of throwing up once. And that was because I didn't know what i was doing. My friend back in the states used to take EVERY CHANCE HE HAD TO DRINK. Me heh I don't really I don't this weekened I spent it at home, I had 3 beers. Over the course of friday, and saturday night. Mainly because we were out of everything else. If I wanted too tonight I could go out and drink my head off, perfectlly legally but i won't. Because I don't see a need too. If you take the rebel factor out of the equation then you got yourself fewer drunks. Simple as that and its the truth. I believe root has real life experience in this matter as do I. Unlike most of CF.

xguynameddavex said:
Nothing wrong has been said, but I think all the points have been made, and I think we all know who won this debate (;

Nobody has won anything, it's a debate, a group of peoples opinions together, not some computer game.

Anyways, I still await your comments on the post I made in reply to how you think that Cannabis use and Alcohol use is a "selfish" act on Page 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom