Here we go, temps are high again

lhuser

Golden Master
Well, this morning, I wake up and I enter the BIOS to check at what hour it turns on auitomatically, and changed it. Afterwards, I check CPU temps and all. I see that the CPU run from 69.5C to 73-78C IDLE. Ambiant temp is at 46-50C

No here's the thing: Thermal paste is applied and fan is cleaned.

Why getting these temps again?

P4 3GHZ Prescott core

Oh, even putting it down to 1.5GHZ, it makes it as high, if not higher...

Maybe your airflow is bad . Do you have a stock heatink/fan or after market. Try adding some more case fans but your best bet will be getting a new after market heatsink/fan..Try cleaning your wires up for better air flow around the processor .

Eh maybe the BIOS is reading the temperature wrong. You might want to install one of those fan controllers that have a temp read out on the front.

i really think the temps are jsut being read wrong. even if u use a program like everest it gets it's reading the same way the bios does. try getting a fan controller or just something that reads temps and slide it in the fins of ur heatsink as close 2 the processor as u can, if the reader says over 120 u might be running it high but mine usually say like 89 and it's right in the heatsink

Back
Top Bottom