ATI bested NVIDIA? WHAT?

JustinMcG67 said:
Good point.

However the debate is one the current top cards out right now. And from benchmarks and reviews, we can conclude that the X1900XTX is the best card out. Despite what fanboys say, because they'll come back with, "Well two 7900GTs in SLI is better!" or somethign stupid, that's completely off the general topic. The topic is comparing the best card from one manufacturer to the others top card. Not two VS one. That's unfair. But hey, fanboys will be fanboys. ;)

A collection of quotes:

ATI is beatign the snot out of NVIDIA right now. Ever since the launch of the X1900 series, they've really kicked it into overdrive. NVIDIA is showing ATI the ropes, and then ATI comes back with somethign better. Like the SLI X16 chipset. ATI counter-acts with their own X16 CrossFire chipset. NVIDIA goes 512MB video RAM, ATI counteracts with it as well. NVIDIA goes mobile, ATI goes mobile. See a pattern here folks?

I was really disappointed how the 7900GTX couldn't beat the X1900XTX overall. They didn't even bump the pixel pipelines or pixel shader processor count at all! Quad-SLI is just irrelavent. Nothing will use that much power, not to mention, it takes four of them to beat two X1900XTX's. It's a sad year for NVIDIA...

**Hailing ATI**

Oh my gosh people! Will you take the time to read benchmarks! The 7900GTX DOES NOT beat the X1900XTX. You guys are focusing way to much on SLI and CrossFire, guys, it's crap and unrealistic unless you're using lower-end cards. The X1900XTX beats the 7900GTX flat out. Want proof, here you go.

X1900XTX wins...

X1900XTX wins...

X1900XTX wins...

X1900XTX wins...

X1900XTX wins...

Interesting benchmark, the 7900GTX and X1900XTX lose to the 7900GT, but when comparing the X1900XTX to the 7900GTX. X1900XTX wins...

X1900XTX wins...

Hmmm....the 7900GTX loses in EVERY benchmark when compared to its competitor, the X1900XTX. So, sorry to break all your guys's hearts but, the 7900GTX loses in EVERY benchmark. Why? Because it has no new technologies when compared to the X1900XTX. It's just a 7800GTX with more memory and using way less transistors. Why do you think the thing vost so much less to make? It's because it uses so much less material then the 7800GTX 512MB.

So guys, for craps sake, accep tthe fact that the 7900GTX is just a piece of crap compared to it's predocessor, the 7800GTX 512<B, and it's competitor, the X1900XTX. It loses, flat out, in everything. So, when somethign loses that much, what can we conclude? It's a of loser. Plain and simple folks. Accept it, embrace it. And move on.

Fanboys will always be fanboys.

I think the x1900XTX is a GREAt card, and yes it definately kicked nVidias ass! But, we always get all excited, because you know that when nVidia releases some great card people will say "take that ATi fanboys". I have grown up with ATi, but I share the same love for nVidia. Two great companies, that make great cards.

However,

I think that the 256M 7900GT is a GREAT card, if not better than it's competitor from a buisness aspect. Look at it this way:

7900GT 256M

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814125012

ATi x1800 256M

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102610

nVidia Got rid of the x1800 series with that one.

Now we go on to the x1900

7900GTX 512M

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814121002

x1900XTX 512M

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814161169

ATi took the graphics card crown with that one.

Now, if you ask me, I see advantages in mainly nVidia. More gamers will by the 256MB 7900GT than an x1800, look at the pricing on tha brand new card from nVIdia. It has 320MHz faster memory clock, and 8 more pixle pipelines. Econimcly, if more people buy the 7900GT 256M, nVIdia will make more money. ATi has "best card ever" with both pricing and power, but nVidia will take the "best bang for your buck" crown, which will probobly make more money.

All I know is, I'm buying a 7900GT if I get the money. I'm going to overclock that baby like hell, with it's new fan thing and GPU technology.

That's another issue. If nVidia keeps up with the 90mm fan or w/e it is, and they release a top card over the x1900xtx, then we will be looking at some MAD clock speeds.

Fanboys... *sigh*. They really cant be shown the way. Hell, I've always been Intel. No matter what thngs show.. I still like Intel. Oh well.. I mean its just hard to change minds. Im just glad ive always been ATI.. So I dont need to be shown any light :D

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Fanboys... *sigh*. They really cant be shown the way. Hell, I've always been Intel. No matter what thngs show.. I still like Intel. Oh well.. I mean its just hard to change minds. Im just glad ive always been ATI.. So I dont need to be shown any light :D

Yea, I like my ATi cardf alot! Intel is great, but for me it isn't because I'm a gamer! :cool:

HRHunteRHR said:
Yes, you have totally enlightend yourself! :cool:

For one thign I'm not a fanboy. I liek the 7800GTX just as much as the X1900XTX. I wouldn't mind owning either card. But that's not the issue here, the issue is the stupid people going on rambling how the 7900GTX is better then the X1900XTX. Which it is most certainly not. Any new video card that comes out is good for the market, but the idiots who still claim one is better then the other without providing facts are the ones who irritate me.

So you can shut up for all I can Hunter. I don't give a hoot what you say, call me a fanboy or whatever, that's beside the point. I make my arguements based upon facts. Why else would I make so many posts about why the X1900XTX is better? Gee, maybe because it, well, is? :eek:

Oh, and for crap's sake PM me if you want to insult me, don't make an arguement in here, it's not worth it, and will only get us both banned. Just a head's up. :D

Im a gamer, and im gettin by on an Intel Pent 4, 3.0ghz, and an ATI Raedon X300. 128mb memory, and 64bit interface. 324mhz clock speed. Oh yeah baby!

Anywyas.. As much as Id LOVE to get a new Gcard.. this one actually does work fine. Thats why im partial to Ati. Because the card sucks so much, but yet still does so well for what I put it though. And it overclocks like a mad man on crack. From its core I can take it to 474mhz STABLE!

Yes.. Its awesome.. :D

Keep the arguing and the sniping to PM's and instant messanging. We don't want to see you guys fight, so take it somewhere else.

What are you talking about.. Im not.. And.. Well its just a heated debat.. Not like a fight fight..

Still a warning is better then nothing. It reminds us of what to say and not say, and not to push each other's buttons. In any case, Alvino is simply looking out for the community. Good job Alvino. Rep point for you. :)

Back
Top Bottom