Legalize Weed & Drinking Age to 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, with American culture, youth and adults alike are rather irresponsible when it comes to alcohol and things of that nature. If you look in nearly every other country's culture, you'll notice a vast difference in how the people handle and use alcohol.

Alcohol is widely used in many things, such as celebrations, gatherings, for self-pleasure, for an experience. We drink alcohol nearly everywhere. We drink them at birthday parties, weddings, social gatherings, or open up a flask when walking down the strike and take a sip. Really, alcohol is everywhere, no one can prevent it from being consumed, however, how it is consumed and to what extent it is consumed it the real issue.

People here in America think quite differently about alcohol then people do in say Europe. We drink it more often then not to impress people, to feel better, or to be rebellious. People in Europe drink it because it's a drink, and nothign more. It's like Coca Cola here in America. We all drink it, and quite often, in Europe however, drinking alcohol is widely accepted and is quite on par with American's drinking soda.

But, unfortunetly, America has a drinking problem. Heck, we even knew this back in the 20's! We signed a law that banned alcohol! Because people knew how bad it was. People know how bad it can be, but still, we refuse to act morally with it and abuse it. Not to much you can do though. Where there's a will, there's a way, so even if it gets banned or whatever, peopel will still do it just because they can and want to.

nate I agree with you, but drinking has been going on for years, the Japanese had rice wine its been here for centuries its a celebration to drink, well it used to be.

Moonshine isn't hard to get... Now also i'd like one person to give me one story where a man ODed on weed, not because he drove his car home or somting. But one true story where he ODed and died because of weed alone. You know what just give me a story about ODing on weed. I promise you no one can do it. You can't OD on weed. Also drinking at 16 is perfectly reasonable. Most kids who want to start are doding at this time anyways.

Damn dude, most kids start doing it at 14. And for the record, in america moonshine is almost non-existant in rual areas. Like where I live.

Anyways.. We dont think it is acceptable. You do. End of story. Were all entitled to options. But at least we give reasons.. You just kinda say, "yay its good for us. Yay, it will make us mature. And who cares we aleady do it.''. Im not exactly sure, but I dont think those are good reasons.

/shrug

It would make us more mature because we'd grow up FASTER! Its not the beer, the shots, and the wine that'll make you grow up faster. It'll be the responbility of using it that'd make you mature FASTER. Its the handling tought situtions and not just covering them up make you more mature. Also nearly half of the moderized countries have drinking age around 16 to 18 anyways.

How do you know that we will mature faster? But wait.. That has to do with responsibility.. So then tell me this. Kids here already abuse it. Hell I know kids that go make plans to get drunk. So your telling me that.. With more of it offered, they wont get drunnk, they will be responsible.. Just like every other adult out thier.

well they'll have to mature another way in america won't they, and its OD'd it took me a while to figure that one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom