Overclocking question

MarxSoccer

BSOD
Talking with a friend, and have no idea what's wrong..

Friend said:
so my stock fan, is AMAZEING, for the lga's complaints mines doing great. the temps were perfect at stock clocks. I overclocked 5% last night, and the temps idleing moved up 2 but under full load was the same. I want to overclock to 10%, but when the comptuer restarts it just dosn't load at all, just freezes. I tried 20% as well, same thing. 5% is the only thing that works. question is, do I have to let it run for a while to let it go up in speeds? the 5% just restarts and its done

:confused:

I am not big on overclocking but I think you have to increase your voltage if you want to get any more power out of your processor. But with messing with voltage can be more dangerous.

if you want to clock 10% more than stock, you definately need to raise the Vcore. And seriously, get an aftermarket cooler. It is very difficult to overclock a 90nm P4 on air. If he keeps this up, that chip is going to fry.

There isnt any voltage setings or anything? What about memory settings? If his memory is running at that 10% overclock at 1:1 then that might be why its not booting.

Be nice to know the specs on his system. Then maybe one of us could give you an answer you could make use of.

Back
Top Bottom