Windows Vista compatibility questions

joe pic

Fully Optimized
I'm still debating over wheather or not to wait longer to get my new PC, or to get it over the summer. I'm going to have around $1600, and I don't know what hardware to get or not. Do we know yet what video cards will be compatible with dx10? and do we know if most future released games will be compatible with xp and vista? I dont want to upgrade to vista and have it affect the performance of any games. should the x2 3800, 6800gs, and 2 gb of ram last me a while? how long do you think? i'm not very familiar with vista and what will be compatible with it or not. would that system run vista well,and be able to play games too? ... thanks, i really appreciate it

I would wait until it is out, and then Microsoft will release the final hardware conflicts etc.

You need at least 2GB ram to run it smoothly though - and I read at least a 2.5Ghz processor will be needed...

I would say your specs will handle it fine - and run games well - that 2GB ram will certanily give it a push...How fast is your CPU?

Well AMD is going to relase there new socket this summer. I personally am going to wait to upgrade untail then. By then some of the bleeding edge Graphics cards might go down in price.

aggghh.. yeah i know thats all right but i really dont want to wait that long. vista is coming out when? november? december? i wanted to have it by the end of the summer the latest. but i guess i could wait. i still wana spend no more than 1600 for it, so what would be the best configuration for the price? ... if i upgrade to vista, will future released games be compatible with xp too? in case i dont upgrade? if i do, will the perfomance of the games decrease because of vista? i dont know, but if any of you do i'd appreciate it .. thanks

Back
Top Bottom