Port forwarding

I just took a glance inside my router and it seems that it's possible. I believe you can do it in advanced routing, if your router has that option. Never tried it, and I'm not saying it will work, but it does look like it's possible.

I have forwarded the same port to both computers but one computer never gets acsess to that port.

I'm trying to play AOE II Age of Kings on msn-zone at the same time in the same game but I allwase get "Unable To Join" on the computer that trys to join the game but the computer that hosts it works fine.

Not sure if I understand. You have two computers behind a firewall/router. One is connecting to msn-zone as the host and the other just needs to connect to the host. You cannot forward one port to two separate ip's. The router will not know which traffic to send to which machine and it will cause issues. What you can do is put one computer in the DMZ and forward to the one that is not in the DMZ. On the other hand, I think you can just stop the forwarding to the client computer and connect directly to the host computer since they are both on the local network.

I have tryed using DMZ and forwarding the ports but it never works, and I have tryed connecting directly to the host computer and it works but we are trying to play with other people on the internet and the other players never see the one person.

Back
Top Bottom