PSU Problem

Impruv

In Runtime
I seem to be getting these clicking noises a few minutes after startup of the computer. Sometimes the clicking sounds can get quite noisy...however, after a few minutes of clicking; it stops...and comes back later. It kinda sounds like something is hitting the fan or something....

The clicking does not coincide with me using any type of peripheral. I am sure it is the PSU because I've tried turning off all the fans; even the CPU one (just for a quick second though) and still the noises came. It wasn't the HD or Optical drives because the noise was coming from near the back of the case; and all my drives are at the front.

One thing that is really weird is that sometimes if I take off the side panel while its making the clicking sound, it goes away slowly.

Hmmm; it seems to click when I play games or multitask alot; if I'm just say; putting songs from computer to ipod or something; no sound.

I have had this PSU for about a month or so and the clicking JUST started; it was fine before. If you need anymore information, ask and I hope someone can help me fix it without me sending it back...too big of a hassle :p

The reason it does it when your running heave applications, is because its drawing more power.. and from that.. more heat... So it needs to cooling, thus more fan power. Anyways.. Its doing that probably because of a loose bearing.. And when it goes faster the bearing cant handle the stress so it so it gives loose.. and hits the side..

Just flex out the plastic side.. or, shave a bit off the fan blades.

How do I flex the plastic a little? what do you mean by that?

One quick question then, if it's the ball bearing getting lose; how come there's no sound if I leave the side panel OFF but once I put it back on; the sound comes back?

Back
Top Bottom