Gaming computer

oriion

Baseband Member
Hey,

I was sick of using my dinky laptop for all my tasks, especially for gaming. So, with the help of my friend, I began to build my own desktop. I don't run any insanely graphic intense games, and I have a cable connection; I also don't plan to run anything much heavier than World of Warcraft. That said, what do you guys think of my current specs? Will they suffice for eliminating lag in multiplayer games, and is there anything I can do to improve their performance?

motherboard - BIOSTAR TForce6100-939 G6100 939
processor - AMD 64 3200+ ATHLON 64 939P RT
video card - ASUS N GF6600 EN6600/TD/256 R
2 gigs of RAM
80 gig harddrive

how about a bigger hdd though. i have a 160gb one (only 140gb available) and i have only a few games and some junk and have used 20gb and im sure i will fill it up more.

Hmm, well, I can always add on to the harddrive, true. I don't plan to put TOO many games on it, but you're right... always room for cheap improvement there....

I think the harddrive is fine, I have half life 2, doom 3, quake 4, neverwinter nights, gta3,gta vice city, gta san andreas, counter strike condition zero, halo, microsoft office, macromedia studio, photoshop and loads more installed and I've only filled 38gig

(this is including a gig of music and a gig of movies)

oriion said:
Hey,

I was sick of using my dinky laptop for all my tasks, especially for gaming. So, with the help of my friend, I began to build my own desktop. I don't run any insanely graphic intense games, and I have a cable connection; I also don't plan to run anything much heavier than World of Warcraft. That said, what do you guys think of my current specs? Will they suffice for eliminating lag in multiplayer games, and is there anything I can do to improve their performance?

motherboard - BIOSTAR TForce6100-939 G6100 939
processor - AMD 64 3200+ ATHLON 64 939P RT
video card - ASUS N GF6600 EN6600/TD/256 R
2 gigs of RAM
80 gig harddrive

not bad mate, if ur on a really tight bugdet i would lose a gig of ram and get a better mobo with sli and if available, spend a tiny bit more for a 7600 nvidia card, far better than ur 6600

no, i don't think he really needs the 7600, i mean he says he doesnt need to play any graphic intensive games, so the 6600 is fine for just WoW. unless you really want an upgrade then go for the 6800gs, if you're only going to be playing WoW

i was thinking of the future, the 7600 will be able to hand future games, i think the 6800 could struggle in a year or so

yeah, that's true. but he's only going to be playing WoW....and thats not very demanding as HL2 or quake...f.e.a.r

Yeah, I'm probably only going to be playing MMOs or Strategy games. Not really an FPS guy, and those are the killers, right?

i get your point about the hdd but i used to have 9gb on my old pc and managed with that but now i have a 160gb one i seem to be filling it up loads now so im sure it will be full one day. just nice to have that extra space

Back
Top Bottom