Legalize Weed & Drinking Age to 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but the kids who dont drink because they dont want to break the law can then start drinking and then its a whole new cycle of problems.

I dont know but No offense but I hate people who drink any thing alcoholic and I hate people who smoke any thing at all im sorry if this is any of you but yea they asked for my opinion and so they got it. I think that the age should not be lowered I think that here in the US, smoking and drinking should be banned from every where! ok sorry

It's as simple as this...

Drinking is a selfish act that helps no one, and as a matter of fact, hurts people.

Weed is a selfish act that helps no one, and also as a matter of fact, hurts people. I havent seen one rebuttle from the side for legalization that supports something GOOD about drugs, and i have seen way too many facts that are against drugs to come even close to agreeing with legalization.

tell me how smart people are after a 12 pack. tell me how when they drink that 12 pack, it helps society. it doesnt. tell me how polishing off a sack of weed helps our community keeps our children out of jail, protects our country >military basher :)<?

notice how the majority of people in this forum are against these drugs, and also the majority of people on this forum are intellegent with computers/computer maintenence (one of the highest growing/paid jobs in america)

They do absolutely no good for society, and ive seen too many of my friends go down the drain to agree with any of the views of the other side of this debate. Besides im stubborn ( :

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Its because its twice as harmfull to drink under the age of 21. Harmfull to your liver. That ensures slow death. Joining the military, only heightens the risk of death.

Yes but when you turn 18 you are a "adult" with "rights" but you can not do adult activities....WOW...

xguynameddavex said:
It's as simple as this...

Drinking is a selfish act that helps no one, and as a matter of fact, hurts people.

ONLY if used irresponsibly, or if people who drink don't know their limits with alcohol. It could be argued that alcohol should be banned completely, and to a fine degree, it's a fair point, but why should those of us who drink responsibly, and know our limits when drinking, be forced to lose out? What about the people who drink alcohol, such as wine, because it is scientifically proven as healthy, when drank in moderation?

Weed is a selfish act that helps no one, and also as a matter of fact, hurts people. I havent seen one rebuttle from the side for legalization that supports something GOOD about drugs, and i have seen way too many facts that are against drugs to come even close to agreeing with legalization.

Ever heard of Multiple Schlerosis (sp?)? Weed is, over here (UK) in some cases, accepted as a treatment towards the pain. Granted, Doctors don't sit there and say "Go smoke weed to help, dude", but many are aware that their patients who suffer from MS, use it, and have no problem with it whatsoever as they acknowledge the painkilling properties within Cannabis. So are MS sufferers "selfish" for trying to relieve their pain?

Also, as previously stated in this thread, research into Cannabis and its side effects is somewhat little. Only VERY recently was it discovered that it had minor links to possible mental health issues. Research is still being put into it, so imagine what else could be revealed in the next few years? I'm not saying in anyway that it should be legalised at the moment, but it should be researched more so that the governments around the world can make the decision on the REAL scientific facts before completely ruling it out as illegal.

tell me how smart people are after a 12 pack. tell me how when they drink that 12 pack, it helps society. it doesnt. tell me how polishing off a sack of weed helps our community keeps our children out of jail, protects our country >military basher :)<?

Anyone who polishes off a sack of weed in one night or drinks a 12 pack on their own, is not a responsible user, it's that simple. It's common knowledge that yes, some people do things like it, but that by no means whatsoever covers all the alcohol and cannabis users in the country or world.

notice how the majority of people in this forum are against these drugs, and also the majority of people on this forum are intellegent with computers/computer maintenence (one of the highest growing/paid jobs in america)

Just because someone has a different opinion towards things doesn't make them unintelligent, because after all, it is a persons opinion, not a fact.

Crabby... said:
Yes but when you turn 18 you are a "adult" with "rights" but you can not do adult activities....WOW...

For goodness sakes, the government is trying to improve your health. Just because you're an legal adult, doesn't always mean you have all the rights and responsibilities as an adult. *Technically though, you are an adult in the government's eyes. *

Just like when you get your drivers permit. You can still drive, but you have more restrictions.

I actually cant beleive people are agreeing with this. That amazes me. Well.. I am saying.. Your not completely stupid for wanting this to happen. Its just you have some mental issues that need to be worked out. Thats just my overall opinion. Although it could be because both my parents are cops, and I know exactly what this stuff does to you. Ive seen the wreks and such. Not pretty.. But dont get confused.. Just because ive been raised by cops, does NOT mean im perfect in anyway.. Lol trust me.. Im just like you all. Different parents.. But i DONT take after them. Its just this is a topic that I have actually seen first hand.

Oh well, as no one really cares what I have to say, ill just stay out this now..

ArrizX_MuziK said:
I actually cant beleive people are agreeing with this. That amazes me. Well.. I am saying.. Your not completely stupid for wanting this to happen. Its just you have some mental issues that need to be worked out. Thats just my overall opinion. Although it could be because both my parents are cops, and I know exactly what this stuff does to you. Ive seen the wreks and such. Not pretty.. But dont get confused.. Just because ive been raised by cops, does NOT mean im perfect in anyway.. Lol trust me.. Im just like you all. Different parents.. But i DONT take after them. Its just this is a topic that I have actually seen first hand.

Oh well, as no one really cares what I have to say, ill just stay out this now..
sweet dude youre my hero at least some one hates this stuff like I do

Nate you're not alone man. I hate the crap too. I know what it does. My Father is an alcoholic. Not easy living with that kind of thing, trust me. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom