(2 x 1gb) vs (4 x 512mb)

The Amish Kid said:
Could you give me a link or somthing to back this up? To me it sounds like you are just making crap up.

How is that crap? It's common sense. :rolleyes:

Imagine a highway....packed full of the 5 o'clock rush traffic.

Now, you have 4 lanes of traffic that stretch for half a mile, and then 2 lanes of traffic streching for 1 mile. Which moves the most cars? Two lanes of traffic or four? It's really a simple question. TWO! The more crap you can move the better. Plus, it allows for more cars to come in and out. 4 coming in, four going out. It doesn't matter how long the 'highway' is, just how much you're moving.

Come on man, use your computer knowledge, it's common sense when it comes to Memory. :)

Just because it can doesnt mean it should. *sigh*. Im not smart enough.. Ask alvino.. Hes the one that explained it to me.

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Even if you dont beleive me by it being hard on the memory controller (thanks to Alvino I learned), get the 2x1gb because, there is room to upgrade!
as i've said before, I don't think I even care about having more than 2 gigs... 2 gigs is plenty...

The only problem I see now is being forced into ddr333 and apparently putting stress on the memory controller.

I'll PM alvino and ask for some information from him, hes been really reliable when it comes to this sort of thing. ;)

CF needs a TS or ventrilo server... :p

Alright, I PM'd alvino, maybe he'll shed some light on this.

As for a ventrilo or ts server... anyone got a server? we need to get on one and play something one of these days.

JustinMcG67 said:
How is that crap? It's common sense. :rolleyes:

Imagine a highway....packed full of the 5 o'clock rush traffic.

Now, you have 4 lanes of traffic that stretch for half a mile, and then 2 lanes of traffic streching for 1 mile. Which moves the most cars? Two lanes of traffic or four? It's really a simple question. TWO! The more crap you can move the better. Plus, it allows for more cars to come in and out. 4 coming in, four going out. It doesn't matter how long the 'highway' is, just how much you're moving.

Come on man, use your computer knowledge, it's common sense when it comes to Memory. :)
Well here's a link comparing the two
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/memory/display/2gb-ram.html
Here's somthing from the conclusion

So, I have every right to state that hardware enthusiasts do need 2GB of RAM in their systems. And this need will keep growing with the time. Therefore, we are going to take a closer look at the 2GB memory kits from the leading memory makers available in the today's market in our next article. Especially, since we have already proven: the best way to install 2GB of RAM into your system is to get a 2-DIMM kit with 2x1GB modules.
So do you have facts to back up your "common sense?"

Back
Top Bottom