Whats the noobiest thing you have ever done...

putting a computer together and forgetting to plug in the cable for the cpu power, spending 2 days trying to figure out whats wrong, and then getting someone else to do it.

TRDCorolla said:
My very first time building a PC. I was trying to reshuffle the power molex connectors because some of them couldn't reach my other devices farther down the drive bays. So I tried to pull the power connector out of the hard drive and instead of pulling on the white plastic piece, I tugged hard on the actual wires themselves and rip...

The wires came out leaving the insulated plastic piece behind in the drive still!!!! D'oh!!

haha ouch.. that HAD to suck.. did you ever get it fixed? :confused:

I was putting a PC together so nothing was really broken except for that power dongle. I just never used that one. Eventually, I replaced the power supply just because I tore out that one connector.

When i took my computer and networking technician course i was sitting at my desk and someone messaged me on ICQ and told me to hit ctrl, alt, del twice right fast and something cool would happen.

Of course i didn't think about it at the time so i tried it and then realized when my computer shut down that i was fooled.

pressed f10 when i was play Day of Defeat Source, it then closed the game, lmao

~K-Pow~ said:
When i took my computer and networking technician course i was sitting at my desk and someone messaged me on ICQ and told me to hit ctrl, alt, del twice right fast and something cool would happen.

Of course i didn't think about it at the time so i tried it and then realized when my computer shut down that i was fooled.

LMFAO ... i thought i was stupid ... no offence ;)

Buying nightvision in Counter-Strike because my monitor was too dark and 8 years old. Also, buying dualies and not knowing how to buy ammo... :D

The most n00bish thing I've ever done was probably screw up my friends computer. He came over, and his BF2 wouldn't work. I suggested that we overclock his computer a little. So, we set the FSB to a random number within the specified range, which is what any normal person would do, and well sure enough, the sh*t hit's the fan! His BIOS wouldn't show up, OS wouldn't boot up. After a slight panic attack, I concluded that we should reset the CMOS. And go figure, it works! Since then, he won't come over to my house or let me touch his computer. Which is OK, his computer is a POS anyways. :D

I was building my first computer, and I was putting the little sliding tracks on the CD-Rom, and I put them on backwards. I went to put them in the computer, and didn't know why it took so much force but still pushed and pushed, and scratched the inside of my case all up (new case to).

Zack_Wylde said:
LMFAO ... i thought i was stupid ... no offence ;)

Hey man.. everyone figures out what Ctrl + Alt + Del does at some point or another, I found out in the same sort of manner... only I was just pressing random keys to see if anything would happen..

ahhh the good 'ol days.. back in 95 when I was playing around with my dad's first computer, it was that system that I learned the basics of computer usage.

Back
Top Bottom