Legalize Weed & Drinking Age to 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its because its twice as harmfull to drink under the age of 21. Harmfull to your liver. That ensures slow death. Joining the military, only heightens the risk of death.

HRHunteRHR said:
Your father's case is what happens when you abuse alchohol. Alot of people drink responsibly, although some still abuse alchohol. Those are the one's who should have their rights taken because of the abuse.

But:

Just because someone has a different oppinion doesn't mean you have to resort to verbal abuse. kthx

I made reference to my father in one example, not all of them. I've seen a bunch of people abuse alcohol. Guess what, they all started off, "responsibly". Alcohol is bad, and that's all there is to it.

And no I did not directly say you were an idiot, I simply stated that if you want alcohol and drugs to be legal at the age of SIXTEEN! You're stupid. Why? People who are sixteen can barely even drive, get up on time, or even get to work, yet alone get a job. And you want them to be able to smoke pot and drink? OK, you get your own country, legalize all of it, and let us know how it turns out. :)

mike, i agree with you about 90%, except for the weed part.

nik, you're really making me mad because you just don't understand any of our views and opinions. wow, ok you got drunk, you drink all the time. you teach people how to drink. ooohhh ohh my god. quit bragging because none of us care if you drink, smoke weed or however else you ruin your life. i'm 15. i've never gotten drunk, never smoked anything in my life, and i'm fine with it. ooh i'm not "cool" because i havent done any of this. wow. i think that weed should stay illegal, the drinking age should stay at 21. i value my life, and want to go far. i don't want to ruin it by drinking or smoking. ...what the hell is the point of it? can it benefit you in any way?

it's completely stupid. especially for teenagers. sure, yes i can get drunk if i wanted. i wouldnt have to tell my parents. i can smoke weed without my parents finding out. but i dont want to. if you want to smoke, drink and be stupid, go ahead. none of us care.

Not bragging and I read your points just fine, I don't agree with them and dont see a point to agrue back on them.

Personally, anyone who says that lowering the age of alcohol consumption to lower then 21 is obviously an idiot and doesn't know the true affects of alcohol, other then just self-pleasure. If you say that making marijuana legal at ANY age, is completely stupid.

My reasons for this are rather simple. My father is an alcoholic. He drnks nearly every day, he's done it for 17 years, my entire exsistence. I've seen what it can do to people. I know how it alters your thought process, I know how it affects the peopel around you. I've seen how it can sometimes put you in a good mood, but I've seen how more often it puts you in a bad mood. I've seen doors gets holes in them, I've seen a husband hit his wife for no apart reason, I've seen a father hit his son. I've seen it all when it comes to alcohol.

Drugs are just as bad. I've had first hand experience with drugs. I knwo what they can do. I know that they make you feel better, but I know how later on how stupid they make you. They kill your brain cells, they hurt your lung. They make you good for a few hours, then you spend a year recovering. It's not pretty. I've been around people who have been on not just marijuana, but coke, and meth. If you want to experience drugs, and then have the courage to publicly announce that it should be 'legal' and then at the age of 16, I'm sorry, but you are personally an idiot.

Drugs, I don't care what they are, or alcohol, or cigareetes, are the most idiotic thing you can do to yourself, and the peopel around you. If you want to live a miserable life and become addicted to some cheap little product that people make millions if not billions off of, go ahead, try it out, you can become just another statistic in some Doctor's report on the affects of drugs on the body, that and, "How many people died this year from alcohol abuse". Hey, it's YOUR life, if you want to envolve yourself with this sort of thing, go right ahead, just know that what you're doing isn't good for YOURSELF, or the people around you.
So is my uncle, we all have a few bad apples in the bucket regradless its a fact of life. Lowering the alochol age wouldn't create any more then we have already and it'd keep kids out of trouble. And maybe me annoucning it publicly would gets some to side with me and then my views get turned into law never know. Also weed is safer then alcohol anyways.

Alcohol is physically and emtinonally addictive. Weed isn't... Its just addictive to emtionally along with every other product such as cig or alcohol but if you go cold turkey on weed you don't get sick or anything.

And I hardly brag I feel poeple WHO want to should learn to drink responability.
What I do not understand is the fact that The US will gladly have you join up in the military at the age of 18 and risk your life but won't let you drink untill you are 21...WTF?
One bullet is deadly then 15 shots of vodka. America besides japan is the only country to have such a high age limit. Most are around 16 to 18. You know when I tell people about some of our laws they look at me and don't believe me. They think its crazy that'd you have to wait to 21 to legally go and buy a 6 pack for a weekened. Or 18 so you can buy a pack of cigs. It is crazy. Lower the age 16 to buy beer, wine, and cigs, and even weed.

What is so good about that. To get high and drunk. Oh fun.. Thats self pleasure... Its not good for the body, and your state of mind. You can think whatever you want. Truth is that it is NEVER going to be changed. And why do you even care.. You in germany.. Not america, you can drink and smoke all you want. Have fun. And also have fun dyeing early. Maybe even with in the next few years, because of drunk driving. You never know..

JustinMcG67 said:
I made reference to my father in one example, not all of them. I've seen a bunch of people abuse alcohol. Guess what, they all started off, "responsibly". Alcohol is bad, and that's all there is to it.

And no I did not directly say you were an idiot, I simply stated that if you want alcohol and drugs to be legal at the age of SIXTEEN! You're stupid. Why? People who are sixteen can barely even drive, get up on time, or even get to work, yet alone get a job. And you want them to be able to smoke pot and drink? OK, you get your own country, legalize all of it, and let us know how it turns out. :)

A: They are still abusing alchohol, regardless of how they started. You're saying that just because you know a bunch of people that abuse alchohol it shouldn't be leagal for anyone. That's now how the world works, friend.

B: I never said you called me an idiot, I said you shouldn't call people idiots for having their own oppinion even if you disagree with it.

C: Why would I need to get my own country to have something the way I'd like it to be? I don't. That's why we use a little thing called the voting system :)

P.S I never said I wanted anyone to drink or smoke, I said they should change the legal age from 21 to 18. But, I've been a little changey on that since ArrizX said it's bad for anyone who isn't 21. If that's clinicly true, they yea keep it there. With weed I made the comment that it's natural....

OK...
I've not read all of this thread because it started to infuriate me that everyone's return key appears to be broken... -blocks of text are harder to read than well spaced paragraphs...

Anyhow...
Lowering the leagal age of drinking... why not? there are people addicted to alcohol, same as there are people adicted to weed, ecstasy, cocaine, heroin cigarettes...
all people who have an addictive personality are clearly weak, and should learn to control their vices!!

There is nothing to say that someone who drinks at 18 will turn into an alcoholic, (the drinking age in the UK is 18 and there are alcoholics, but there are far more people who are not dependant on booze, and people who don't drink at all...

reaching an age of consent is not an instruction to go and do something,
reaching the age of consent is being given the responsibility to make your own choices.

clearly this doesn't apply in the army because the soliders only do what they are told...

However, if America believes that 18 year olds can't make sensible and resopnsible decisions themselves, then they should not be sending them to war... -perhaps there would be less friendly fire casualties had these young soldiers been taught better decision making policies?

FYI going to war does damage your health, there are massive mental traumas that can be caused, people come back from wars in far worse states than they come back from acid trips... hell they even get flashbacks!!!

As for drugs...
as Mr Macky says... "drugs are bad"
but that doesn't mean that they can't be used responsibly either,
cigarettes can cause nausia and sickness when smoked to extremes, alcholo causes nausia and sickness when taken to extremes,
alcohol changes peoples personalities when they are 'using' all of these effects can be seen in drugs... the only difference is that the governments say that the shouldn't be used! -why? some studies show that pot smoke has far less toxins than cigarette smoke, far less long term health problems.

tax money from drug sales could be paying for better drug education, and better treatment facilities for the minority of people who become addicted to drugs after taking them.

as for crime rates being lower...
on what ststistic is this based?
Drug ststistics may be lower in holland because the biggest contributers to the statistics are leagal there, but if anyone has actually been to holland, (amsterdamn in particular) then they will know that there is still just as much drug crime, (people pushing pills and powders outside of clubs), people addicted to hard drugs, and muggins are very hot too...

amsterdamns red light district is also amsterdanms crime centre... despite both pot and prostitution being illegal there, (and contributing to crime figures in countries where they are illegal!!)... (ever wonder why that is?).

Since you can't get a detailed analysis of what drug crimes are arrests of convictions for marijuana possesion/sale I suggest that you leave ststistics out of it! the stats are unfairly biases towards countries that have different policies!

There are no studies, (to my knowledge that categorically say that alcohol is worse for your body at 18 than it is at 21, by the time you reach 18 puberty has pretty much over and done with, your body has stopped developing, iof you'd said the difference between 16 and 21, or 12 and 21 then I'd have clearly believed both the statistic, and the medical science to back it up. -as it is I don't!

I have to say that the lowest the drinking age should ever be lowered to is 18, and that is only for the fact that your able to serve in the military at 18. Im 17 and yeah i drink on ocassion, but i dont even want to think about how bad the drinking problem would be through out the schools if the drinking age was any lower then 18.

The US did try to have the drinking age at 18 at one time, and in case you dident see the results, DUI and drunk driving accidents increased 10 fold.

As for weed, honestly theres nothing wrong with it. It is not addicting at all, physically at least. Sure people can get mentally addicted and just crave the high but trust me it is much easier to get over then a cig or alcohol addiction. I think the hardest part about legalizing it is that it has grown to the point that if it was legalized it would be near impossible for the government to get control of it, with all the dealers and growers that there already are. I mean hell i can name off about 25 dealers just in my small school with like 500 kids in it. If the government could get total control of it i am completely for the legalization of weed, i dont see any problem with it. The reason it is a gateway drug is because it is drilled into our heads from the time we can understand it that weed is a drug that can cause "extreme" mental and physical damage to our bodies, so someone uses weed and sees that it really doesent cause all these problems that we thought so why not try more drugs.

The legalization of weed would make it safer. Who would it buy from unliceansed dealer off the street wehn at teh same price at the store you can get it... Also it wouldn't be laced with coke, X or meth or what be it. Weed somtimes on the street is laced with ao ther drug. If we legalized dealers wouldn't lacee the stuff becuse it'd be undergoverment control. And 16 is just fine for drinking. The kids that I know that drink it wouldn't change their habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom