Legalize Weed & Drinking Age to 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
MikeReiner said:
I am not going to read this whole thread.. wayyyy too much to read in my time frame.. so i'll just voice my opinion.

I know what drunks are like, i've been around them before. Their violent and inconsiderate pricks. The last thing I want is more of them.

People don't use thier heads when drunk, which is quite possibly why a lot of people get a DUI. How would you feel if you killed someone because you were driving drunk? you could run someone down and not even realize it until after you did it.

It's shit like that, that makes me hate alcohol. It's just a hell hole to drown your sorrows and emotions into.

Weed, while not exactly good, isn't as bad as beer. IMO, if it doesn't harm anyone else, it should be legal. (and by that I mean CANT harm anyone else, your not exactly a stable driver when your under the influence of weed, which is exactly why it should not be legal. For medical use, as alvino said, would be ok, but otherwise no.)

People think they are smart enough to always use thier head when drunk.. but when you are drunk... you are a totally different person.. a degraded pathetic one at that.

mike, i agree with you about 90%, except for the weed part.

nik, you're really making me mad because you just don't understand any of our views and opinions. wow, ok you got drunk, you drink all the time. you teach people how to drink. ooohhh ohh my god. quit bragging because none of us care if you drink, smoke weed or however else you ruin your life. i'm 15. i've never gotten drunk, never smoked anything in my life, and i'm fine with it. ooh i'm not "cool" because i havent done any of this. wow. i think that weed should stay illegal, the drinking age should stay at 21. i value my life, and want to go far. i don't want to ruin it by drinking or smoking. ...what the hell is the point of it? can it benefit you in any way?

it's completely stupid. especially for teenagers. sure, yes i can get drunk if i wanted. i wouldnt have to tell my parents. i can smoke weed without my parents finding out. but i dont want to. if you want to smoke, drink and be stupid, go ahead. none of us care.

joepic said:
mike, i agree with you about 90%, except for the weed part.

nik, you're really making me mad because you just don't understand any of our views and opinions. wow, ok you got drunk, you drink all the time. you teach people how to drink. ooohhh ohh my god. quit bragging because none of us care if you drink, smoke weed or however else you ruin your life. i'm 15. i've never gotten drunk, never smoked anything in my life, and i'm fine with it. ooh i'm not "cool" because i havent done any of this. wow. i think that weed should stay illegal, the drinking age should stay at 21. i value my life, and want to go far. i don't want to ruin it by drinking or smoking. ...what the hell is the point of it? can it benefit you in any way?

it's completely stupid. especially for teenagers. sure, yes i can get drunk if i wanted. i wouldnt have to tell my parents. i can smoke weed without my parents finding out. but i dont want to. if you want to smoke, drink and be stupid, go ahead. none of us care.

Getting drunk is NOT fun. I stupidly did it last night and wow not a good experience or anything I ever want to remember. Maybe in 6 years when I'm 21.... I think you should be able to do it when you're 18. I think cigs should have to wait until you're 21. Weed is kinda stupid, but no deaths are really caused by it unless your under it's influence. A completely natural substance, it should be treated as alchohol, if you're caught driving or doing something while high, you should be fined and have your right taken away after x amount of catchings.

I'm sorry, but I'm definately going to stay out of this. Way too much of a heated debate that I don't want to get sucked into

I'm not gonna read this whole thing but I don't think that they should make this legal it causes to much trouble already, Just think if the local grocery store carrys weed how many times would that store get robbed, or what about everyone on the freeway driving Hi as a kite, and sixteen year olds coming home drunk I know some teens already do but this would make it easier.

My two cents...

Personally, anyone who says that lowering the age of alcohol consumption to lower then 21 is obviously an idiot and doesn't know the true affects of alcohol, other then just self-pleasure. If you say that making marijuana legal at ANY age, is completely stupid.

My reasons for this are rather simple. My father is an alcoholic. He drnks nearly every day, he's done it for 17 years, my entire exsistence. I've seen what it can do to people. I know how it alters your thought process, I know how it affects the peopel around you. I've seen how it can sometimes put you in a good mood, but I've seen how more often it puts you in a bad mood. I've seen doors gets holes in them, I've seen a husband hit his wife for no apart reason, I've seen a father hit his son. I've seen it all when it comes to alcohol.

Drugs are just as bad. I've had first hand experience with drugs. I knwo what they can do. I know that they make you feel better, but I know how later on how stupid they make you. They kill your brain cells, they hurt your lung. They make you good for a few hours, then you spend a year recovering. It's not pretty. I've been around people who have been on not just marijuana, but coke, and meth. If you want to experience drugs, and then have the courage to publicly announce that it should be 'legal' and then at the age of 16, I'm sorry, but you are personally an idiot.

Drugs, I don't care what they are, or alcohol, or cigareetes, are the most idiotic thing you can do to yourself, and the peopel around you. If you want to live a miserable life and become addicted to some cheap little product that people make millions if not billions off of, go ahead, try it out, you can become just another statistic in some Doctor's report on the affects of drugs on the body, that and, "How many people died this year from alcohol abuse". Hey, it's YOUR life, if you want to envolve yourself with this sort of thing, go right ahead, just know that what you're doing isn't good for YOURSELF, or the people around you.

JustinMcG67 said:
My two cents...

Personally, anyone who says that lowering the age of alcohol consumption to lower then 21 is obviously an idiot and doesn't know the true affects of alcohol, other then just self-pleasure. If you say that making marijuana legal at ANY age, is completely stupid.

My reasons for this are rather simple. My father is an alcoholic. He drnks nearly every day, he's done it for 17 years, my entire exsistence. I've seen what it can do to people. I know how it alters your thought process, I know how it affects the peopel around you. I've seen how it can sometimes put you in a good mood, but I've seen how more often it puts you in a bad mood. I've seen doors gets holes in them, I've seen a husband hit his wife for no apart reason, I've seen a father hit his son. I've seen it all when it comes to alcohol.

Drugs are just as bad. I've had first hand experience with drugs. I knwo what they can do. I know that they make you feel better, but I know how later on how stupid they make you. They kill your brain cells, they hurt your lung. They make you good for a few hours, then you spend a year recovering. It's not pretty. I've been around people who have been on not just marijuana, but coke, and meth. If you want to experience drugs, and then have the courage to publicly announce that it should be 'legal' and then at the age of 16, I'm sorry, but you are personally an idiot.

Drugs, I don't care what they are, or alcohol, or cigareetes, are the most idiotic thing you can do to yourself, and the peopel around you. If you want to live a miserable life and become addicted to some cheap little product that people make millions if not billions off of, go ahead, try it out, you can become just another statistic in some Doctor's report on the affects of drugs on the body, that and, "How many people died this year from alcohol abuse". Hey, it's YOUR life, if you want to envolve yourself with this sort of thing, go right ahead, just know that what you're doing isn't good for YOURSELF, or the people around you.

Great opinion JustinMcG67. Totally agree with you.

JustinMcG67 said:
My two cents...

Your father's case is what happens when you abuse alchohol. Alot of people drink responsibly, although some still abuse alchohol. Those are the one's who should have their rights taken because of the abuse.

But:

Just because someone has a different oppinion doesn't mean you have to resort to verbal abuse. kthx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom