Poster of the week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Yeah, sorry.. Bad idea.. I said it might be with spam and such.. Oh well.. just close it...

setishock said:
Ok so this will encourage more stupid, mind numbing, pointless posts to get to 1000 posts so they can be in the running. Then after that more stupid, mind numbing, pointless posts. Arrizx, that perspective will just get out of control.
A member of the month was tried and dropped cause we didn't have time or couldn't all get together at the same time. The main theme was about helpful posts. Things that helped resolved a problem some one was having. Not spamming the forum to get the most posts. It's some thing I don't want to do again. You guys want to do it, fine. But if it get rowdy over some one didn't get this or that award, then it will get the door slammed on it.
Fair enough?

Here's an idea...

Instead of letting it fall to the mods for the decision, let it be voted by the people who are here more often then the mods! The people! The members!

It doesn't take to long to make a thread where people can vote for the best poster of the weel/month/year or whatever. I've seen many of these types of threads in other forums, all were successful, and actually, they didn't get any more spam then usual. Mainly because you had your veteran members as the main participants.

My advice for this is: Instead of throwing a bad label on it, why not give it a try? Heck, if your excuse for not having it is because of spam, why not elect more moderators? You guys have more then enough dedicated members that are responsible and actually can do the job. So, let's try to put the, 'spam' excuse behind us and try somethign new for a change? Heck, look how long it took to get new avatars! Why not try a new idea to make the place more livly and fun? If you want peopel to join this place, you need to have some form of entertainment. It can't always be 'computer computers computers', you have to have a place where people can hang out and post about things besides computers. Yes, we have the social lounge, but even then, it's still strict in that.

Having a 'Best poster' in whatever catagory would be a new fun twist to things. Heck, it might even ENCOURAGE better posting! But no, we immediat;y jump on the bandwagon saying, 'It will cause to much spam". Ok Seti, time for a new excuse. You and every other member knows that we have enough people tp govern others, wether a moderator or not, we all look out for the genral welfare of the forum. So the 'burdern; so-to-speak won't be nearly as large as you think.

Come on folks, let's actually take a good idea and use it. :)

Here's another idea, Let the mods take this to dave and get his thoughts on this 1st, we all know that the member's will out weigh the mods in opinions.

although i am all for the most helpful, the most reported spam, and maybe the most creative..spam not included.

i will bring it up in the staff lounge and see what david thinks..

Or bring it up in the mod section.. So you dont raise a shit-storm by other members, that just have to have it their way...

Yes, please PM David about it. If you make it a public debate, well, bad things might happen. Let's try to make it a more 'professional' debate and see how the general population of CF's members feel about the matter. And by the general population I mean the consistant and good behaving members, the one's who's opinions are actually worth reading. :)

I remember Member of the Month. It didn't work too well...although I was the one that suggested that we each take on a specific section, we simply couldn't get a whole list compiled since some couldn't be online at certain times etc. So it didn't work too well.

But who would think it would work well with neocheivers, giancarlo, AMD ZEN, lol those people..

I honestly couldn't care less about these. I don't care what you do, but I DON'T want you guys to pronounce my name in any categories, that's all I ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom