New idea for rig

joe pic

Fully Optimized
alright, well so far i have about $530. over the summer i'm going to work at mcdonalds as much as i can and rack up at least $1000. so by the end of the summer i should have at least $1500-$1700. I want to get an x2 4200, and i want to sli two of the 6800gs, and have 2 gigs of ram. this will all cost around 1700 with cd, dvd, 500w psu and what not. ... so how is it? anything i should change? i'm looking to have this at the end of the summer.

Well, as of now that a nice set up. But only the futture will tell what will actually be good . Computer parts get outdated every other month. By the summer who knows what they will come out with. But overall i wouldnt change anything thats a nice system..

Wait for vista or quad sli if you want that.

Also, might wana wait for the new socket from AMD. Socket AM2 i think it is called.

And dirext X 10 is gonna come out.

So there is a lot of things u should wait for and it may not be wise to buy right away.

Yeah and even if u cant afford all the new stuff, once all the releases ur prices will go down. Youll save some money and with that just get more ram or something..

Everythings good but the video cards, the 6800GS suck in SLI. For come reason there just not good in SLI. One 7800gt would be a much better choice.

thanks guys, lol i want to know how long it would last, and everything else. i didnt think about all that...but thanks

....and why not to sli the 6800's?

2 6800GSs in SLI arent much better than one 7800gt. If you get one 7800gt later youll be able to get another one. The 7800gt, also supports more things.

if you can wait, wait for at least 6-8 months. if you cant go ahead and buy what ever money can get you, because the next gen stuff comes out, youll be happy to hear that all the top notch stuff of today will cost next to nothing.

Back
Top Bottom