5.1 Option set, and All pugged in right, but still wont let me turn up the 5.1 sound!

Re: 5.1 Option set, and All pugged in right, but still wont let me turn up the 5.1 sound!

WAV slider is all the way up..

The Amish Kid said:
Well here's what creative told me

So if you want to there it is. Although I really dont get why its not working for you through control panel. Have you tested it in games?

EDIT: Well I was jst messing around with my sound settings and I noticed this
weirdsound.jpg

I guess I cant do that either

Nah I guess i dont want it, lol.

Anyways.. This is a serious WTF?!

Why cant anyone do this!! Jeez... Its weird, but thanks for your effort Amish Dude

EDIT>

Maybe I need better codecs?

Re: 5.1 Option set, and All pugged in right, but still wont let me turn up the 5.1 sound!

JUMPERS!!!! Check your audio jumper settings for onboard/other settings... What are your guys's specs please?

Intel Pent 4, 3.0ghz HT

160gb hard drive

1gb ram..

But you need jumpers for this? I thought you just stuck it into the slot!?!?

I need the exact make and model of the motherboard and the videocard please.. then I will tell you if I think it is the jumpers.. Thank you

That would be the Dell 9100

*wait.. Looks around*

This is a sound card, not a video card thread.. I hope you ment the sound card, lol!

Anyways.. here it is!

And here is the Sound Card..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102176

EDIT>
The only reason onboard sound is working, is because the sound card doesnt work right..

yeah i meant the soundcard... I think I was half asleep when I posted that.. derrrrr. Ill get back to you in a little bit.

Lol its all good. And okay.. I live here.. So Ill see you in a few, thanks!

Just to let you know.. It does look like there is a VERY VERY small 4 pin connector on the card.. But no such cord on the mobo.. Im just kinda like WTF, lol..

Did you get the newest drivers from the creative site? HMM, what cords came with the sound card? My old card used an auctual audio connector from the card to the mobo. Of course the card wan't a PCI card or anything. Did you try calling creative support?

BTW the 4pin is for your CD/DVD drive audio outs. Oh yeah, do you have the latest WDM drivers for windows? Those are a requirment to be able to run this hardware.

Yeah, I (think) I have the latest drivers..

And I didnt directly buy the card. I got it from a person on the forums. But looking at the picutres from newegg... It doesnt look like any cords came with it. Becuase I only got the card. No box, no cd. Just the card... Is there something extra i need to buy? Or is my dell gay?

Back
Top Bottom