AMD 3400+ equivalent to Intel

paintbalplaya

Beta member
What is the equivalent speed of an AMD 3400+ to an Intel processor. All computer games say Intel or equivalent. Is there a difference?

im not sure, and i could be wrong, but an AMD 3400+ i think would be an 3.4GHz intel, i think it goes like that.

Oh ok thanks because I want to get Elder Scrolls 4 and the Requirements say 3Ghz Intel and my processor is 2.39Ghz AMD and I wanted to make sure I could play it before I bought it

yeah, that could definitely handle it. amd 3400 is 3.4 ghz intel. 3200=3.2 ghz intel. amds are far better for gaming. so yeah, it could play it

Yeah i have the 3400, thing is a beat should play that game with ease...

So my work compueter with a 2800+ AMD is the same as a 2.8 Intel? Sick... I know which processor I'm getting for my next comp.

Toby said:
So my work compueter with a 2800+ AMD is the same as a 2.8 Intel? Sick... I know which processor I'm getting for my next comp.
You'll have to be weary of those numbers - in about 4 months, they mean nothing. NetBurst is being abandoned, and those numbers are meaningless for Conroe and all of Intel's planned future processors. (In the Conroe benchmarks, the 2.66GHz Conroe beats the 2.8GHz AMD FX-60. Everywhere.)

Back
Top Bottom