HeatSinks?

well without a Heat Sinc your cpu will fry (litteraly)
there job is simply to cool off the cpu to a safe working temp....there are bigger, meaner, and even water cooled heat sincs for Guru's who like to overclock and fun stuff like that

in most cases there will be a fan attached unless the heatsinc is water cooled..

Well you can run an Intel with out an heatsink, because it just clocks down. You run an Amd like that and your screwed. And you need case fans to move the hot air that the heatsink spills out.. and also air from the hard drive and graphics card..

well the heatsink that i showed... do i need to add fans to that or is there a fan in the middle or what?

You dont need to put a fan in the heatsink. Just in the case.. The heatsink is ready to be put on the processor..

so that heatsink i showed you is ready to be put on the cpu...i dont need to add a fan on it or anything?

It's advised that you do so.. it will reduce the temperature even more if you do.
HOWEVER... if you really don't want to add those fans.. you could just get really good ariflow throughout your case, and then your temps SOULD be somewhat good..

but if you do plan on getting that heat sink, I strongly advise you get fans for it.

Back
Top Bottom