Poster of the week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a 1000000000000% gay idear. What ever next. We want good posts on this forum. Not a load of imachore 12 year olds posting crap which they have no idear what there talking about. eg, who out of you lot can tell the the difrece detween DVI-I, DVI-D, DVI-A and HDMI. WITH OUT LOOKING IN GOOGLE OR ANY BOOKS. THIS IS OF YOUR HEAD INFO. its a peace of piss, and if you dont know it well. this will be funny.

But the answers if you would like them are on my forum. :D But you will have to regiser and post 10 posts before i let you have them. lol :D

Novartic_ said:
This is a 1000000000000% gay idear. What ever next. We want good posts on this forum. Not a load of imachore 12 year olds posting crap which they have no idear what there talking about. eg, who out of you lot can tell the the difrece detween DVI-I, DVI-D, DVI-A and HDMI. WITH OUT LOOKING IN GOOGLE OR ANY BOOKS. THIS IS OF YOUR HEAD INFO. its a peace of piss, and if you dont know it well. this will be funny.

To be fair, since you seem so keen on bringing "good posts" to this forum, then why don't you stop going around calling everyone and everything "gay" (Originality strikes again!) and contribute your own opinions without being so insulting, egotistical and rude. Oh, and for crying out loud, stop dropping hints for people to join your forum, it got annoying ages ago.

Back on to topic though, it is a good idea, but not so much on the number of posts, but the quality of posts. A member posting 10 contributive posts IMO is far better than someone posting useless junk 1000 times a month. I think sometimes staff and member interaction is somewhat lacking, and I'm sure in some way some members think they're not taken notice of until they step out of line. This would maybe reassure members that their help and contributions to this forum are appreciated, and may encourage some to keep at it. However, as Seti said, time, and getting everyone at the place at the same time to discuss such a thing, can be troublesome with different time zones and all that.

setishock said:
Ok so this will encourage more stupid, mind numbing, pointless posts to get to 1000 posts so they can be in the running. Then after that more stupid, mind numbing, pointless posts. Arrizx, that perspective will just get out of control.
A member of the month was tried and dropped cause we didn't have time or couldn't all get together at the same time. The main theme was about helpful posts. Things that helped resolved a problem some one was having. Not spamming the forum to get the most posts. It's some thing I don't want to do again. You guys want to do it, fine. But if it get rowdy over some one didn't get this or that award, then it will get the door slammed on it.
Fair enough?

That idea about awarding people with helpful posts would be nice. Seeing as the reputation system is obviously not working something else to notice the people that help out a lot would be perfect. How would we go about doing this though? Do we nominate people and have a vote every week/month?

Also i wish people who are gurus would stop thinking they deserve more than what they got. Take the title of guru and respect that, cause other people will. You don't need anymore pats on the back for it.

setishock said:
Fair enough?

Yes.

Distortion88 said:
Also i wish people who are gurus would stop thinking they deserve more than what they got. Take the title of guru and respect that, cause other people will. You don't need anymore pats on the back for it.

Dont take it so personally.. If you read another of my posts.. Up above you would know what I ment by it. Im just saying that the gurus are dedicated.. as many other membors are just passer by's... YOu know what I mean. Dont take it personal..

I personally think its a bad idea, my tuppence worth, it will only encourage more inane posts which I personally think has increased in the last few weeks, but that is my opinion and one which I know isn't the majority view.

I think that getting the reputation sorted that way it would be a clear way of a person being recognised for contributing worthwhile informative posts, I also think that the title of Guru is one which is overrated, its an achievement to reach 1000 posts but is not an indicator of a person's knowledge or does it rate one person over another.

Just my opinion I know lots of people think different, but I believe that there are only very few people on here that make a valued contribution in regards to technical advice, and supporting the other users. This is not an intention to start an argument or anything like a flame war, just something I feel is a valid point.

Can the reputation not be fixed, although I do realise that a few individuals will start giving themselves rep points to big themselves up.

What do you mean by getting it fixed? Like making it show the reputation of the certain user? Yeah.. That needs to be done. And your right.. Because I know im all over the place... Although I help when I know how too.. But im a spastic poster.. And you should know by now I post like a mad man on crack :D :D

You never posted in this? I dont remember... But I never saw your post in the first place..

neither did i, but i like the idea, but it shouldnt be the "biggest poster", or something to that nature. i like the idea of the most helpful, funny, and all that. that would be cool

Yeah everyone here has great ideas, but too bad most of them never even get put into play which is the sad part. I see so many threads about ohh lts do this and that and then someone says yeah great idea but the bottom line is we need a mod or admiin and heh who am i kidding it took long enough for us to avs up so dont think any of this will be happening any time soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom