New system in the works, OMG THE WORLD IS GONNA END!

MikeReiner said:
Heh, man oh man... what I am upgrading from? oh boy.. here we go..

Intel Pentium 2 300mhz slot 1 (deschutes core) 300mhz fps, some intel mother board, 384mb 3.0cas mem, geforce2mx 440, ISA ess audio drive sound card, and maxtor 6 gig hard drive.

As for 80 not being enough.. well... I was thinking in the long run, I would use the 80 gig for just the OS and games, and later down the road just get a 250 gig for storage and such.

lol thats a big upgrade lol
have fun with it
and if u dont need more than 80 gig dont get one go with the 74 gig western digital raptor!

I use both IDE and SATA in my system, my os and other programs are on the ATA. All my games are on my sata. As for speed i haven't seen that much of a diff, what really gave my system a big boost was to hack my windows. ie:regedit, service.msc, and msconfig. You can still oc your cpu with the stock heatsink, but make sure you have good air flow through the case. I have the same case for my system and i love it. it dropped my idle temps from 47-39 and my load temps from 86+ - 54. all round cables and alot of zipties. Also make sure to adjust the side duct to as close to the cpu as possible. Sorry off topic unless you buy the 10,000 rpm sata the only real diff is a cleaner cooler case. keep checking around i got my sata off of zipzoomfly for 105.00 total. it was on sale, so good luck you'll have a nice little system.

Back
Top Bottom