Power Supply problems

meanpeoplesuck

Baseband Member
Hello, I have a problem with my PSU. As I belive its being pushed to its limits and beyond. I have a 250watt power supply, I don't know what brand, came with the case.

Its currently powering:
BIOSTAR P4M800-M7 - Motherboard
Intel Pentium Celeron D - CPU, also a heatsink with fan
1 Gig of some kind of RAM
Nvidia 5200gt 256mb -Graphics Card, I think thats it.
Creative SoundBlaster 24-bit - Sound Card
160GB Seagate Barracuda - Master Hard drive
20GB Seagate Barracuda - Slave Hard Drive
Aopen DVD-RW/ROM CD-ROM/RW Combo drive - DVD and CD burner and ROM
Floppy drive, and a Compact Flash Card Reader
Also one large main fan

With all this, you can see why I am worried about this puny PSU. How many watts would you reccomend for powering this system, with room to add on as well.

Also, could someone give me some software for monitering voltages and HOW DO YOU READ AND INTURPERT THIS INFORMATION! How do I know if I am in a dangerous range?

I have already purchased this PSU - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817152024 however it can be returned, so your help still matters. Should I look into buying a back up power supply?

Are you actually having problems or are just worried that you might run into some? The most common problem with a lacking PSU is random restarts, are you experiencing that?

If I touch or move the computer while running it does that.

I was looking at readings from some software, and it had voltage in red, meaning it was critical.

If someone could teach me how to read the readings from the software it would help.

you just said you have a new 450w PSU. are you planning on replacing the 250w or just sitting it there to look at?:p

Vcore1: 1.36v
Vcore2: 2.03v
+3.3v: 3.30v
+5v: 5.05v
+12v: 10.82v
-12v: -3.56v
-5v: 1.23v
+5v: 3.20v
Vbat: 4.08v

These are taken right off of speedfan, WHAT DO THEY MEAN?

Back
Top Bottom