building

Logan1

In Runtime
sry if this is a dumb question ( for whatever reason), but is building a custom computer really as simple as buying all the parts, pluging them into each other and starting it up?? or is there more to it that i don't know?

The parts all have to work together.

The processor has to fit in the MOBO and u need to know what type of parts will be the best and stuff.

I woudln't necessarily say it is just like buying and putting together.

no i have not, but i know all about hardware compatabilities(i.e. cpu sockets, PCI slots, Pc3200, etc.) i have a list of parts i've compiled for awhile and i'm wondering if i can buy them and put them together and have it work.

Yeh ive just ordered a load of new parts and would also quite like an "idiots guide to putting a computer together"

i think the comp in your sig is very very nice, i just ordered that motherboard cause mine sucks A$$! i'll let u know how it does, for the 2 gigs of ram i recommend OCZ and instead of the WD hard drive i think a seagate would be better, other than that i would buy it as soon as possible, or u can wait for windows vista and the new amd socket before u decide which might be the better choice

Back
Top Bottom