whoa look at this

I didn't think those 3d things worked on computers!

My eyes are tired at the moment so I can't pull focus on it to get it to work lol

The way they work though means they'll work on any surface, and even a computer screen.

It just focusses in on the fact that the more closer an object is, the more your eyes see it spaced out, so, when you focus on those images, and stare, what your eyes are doing are basically forcing the images to seem to cross to each eye, so that your eyes, when there is a repeated pattern, makes that part of the image jump out.

So this can form text, pictures, or whatever you want. The pictures use some kind of clever algorithm to make sure the spaces between the repeated patterns are enough to get the desired effect.

Simple, but clever.

You can get that type of effect in real life as well, if for example, you look at a row of something for a long period of time. Its possible, one of the objects will come into play with another, and your brain will think its closer, triggering the object to look closer than the rest. Try it.

OTHER 3D TECHNIQUES:

ANAGLYPH:

Other 3D techniques work in the same type of way, but for example with any filter type 3D, i.e Anaglyph (red/blue), one eye only sees the red, and the other, only the blue, making your eyes force to see it as it would in real life, popping out, etc as it measures distances of the repeated image twice of different colours.

FLICKERING:

Other types are what you see with computer filters, flickering one eye on and one eye off, resulting in the same illusion, but you need a high enough refresh rate on your monitor to get a good result.

IMAX:

The next is whats used in IMAX, cleverly using filtered light and how it passes through materials to get the 3D effect in the same way. One eye lets filtered light to pass through, the other doesn't.

This can be seen somewhat if you take your glasses off. One image will be slightly blurd, and the one beside it (seperated in distance again like any type of 3D to simulate it being closer or not) will have lines but be rather clear.

THE DISTANCE EFFECT:

So for these types of tihngs to work, it being stuck to the screen for example will only need the 2 blocks of colours mixed ontop of each other.

As you want it to come closer to you, the desired objects will need to move away from each other. One left, and one right.

The opposite can also be created, of an image going into the screen by swapping the colours round or any other effect, yet this is alot harder on the eyes, but can work in some situations.

Yeah, to tell the truth though, that one isn't very detailed. I get something, but I actaully get better results from the ones in the books, rather than submitted ones.

Back
Top Bottom