Colleges

Great stuff. I went through their CCNA program as well as Natalya. You learn tons of stuff you noramally don't learn in a regular college IT course. Lots of hands on. Tons of labs where you work in teams. Each team represent different location locall and nationwide. You have to configure connectivity to each site and implement security. That's pretty much it. You create subnet and IP configurations for your company depending on how many users you have. Who gets access, who doesn't. Setup Intranet, Extranet, and Internet, Access Lists, filters, troubleshooting network, etc., etc.

TRDCorolla said:
But that's only high school though. Maybe just try take only the classes you need to graduate high school and get into junior college quickly. The reason why you would go to a junior college is because it's cheaper than jumping to a university. Plus it's a bit easier too so the transition won't be too overwhelming. You always have the option to go to a university head on, if you wish.

I would make an appointment with your high school counselor to talk about your plans. They'll know what to do for you. In high school, I didn't take any of those classes you mentioned. Just the basic to graduate high school. No computer electives. You start taking them in college.

You didn't take ANY of those classes!?

Did you check out that .pdf though. I'm taking all those recomended courses they suggest, so I guess I'm heading in a good path.. :confused:

Glad to hear it. I was just kinda worried that i wasnt going get the education that i was looking for. What is the demand for ccna techs?

Yeah, I took none of those computer classes in high schoo. I took basic word processing, that's it. You get most of the classes in college and university. I checked out that PDF and it's got tons of good classes. Most look like junior college level classes. Those business classes look like the ones that can transfer to the University but I don't know how it works over there. You'll defintely get an insight of what to expect by the time you reach university level status.

Ok, I think by taking all of these, especially CIS over at KEC, I'm pretty sure those count as both college and highschool credits. I think I'm going to be going straight to college..

TRD, do you know of any, ermm, summer camps so to speak, having to do with computers or anything? I'm looking for one in my area and I can't find any.. About 60 miles west of Chicago..

First of all, I wouldn't be wasting my time taking all those nice computer classes if they don't apply to your high school credits and college. If all they are, are electives, then that is not good. Sure it's nice to learn all those things, but you need to get into college as soon as you can. I went to college by the time I was a senior in high school.

TRDCorolla said:
I went to college by the time I was a senior in high school.

I don't quite get it, you mean you were balancing college classes along with your senior year highschool classes? Or you went to college as soon as you graduated?

I was actually taking both high school (leftover credits that I still needed including my 4th year English class) and concurrent college enrollment as well. It all depend on your high school. After high school graduation, I went to college afterwards. Then I slacked off about a couple of years, changed majors like 3 times, and all that bad stuff. That's why I'm falling behind. I'm making up for it now.

I see I see..

Able to help me out on the summer camp thing?

I was thinking about Digipen last year, but that's more creating games and such, I don't know if I'd want to do that..

You mean summer classes? I don't know about summer camp. In college, I always went to school during the summer quarter. It's optional to enroll, but you don't have to. There's no penalty if you don't enroll during the summer. I'm pretty sure this is universal for every college and university here in the US.

Back
Top Bottom