Problem installing internal wireless card

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
i am trying to install a truemobile internal wireless card into a toshiba laptop, and it's not working. when i check under device manager, there are yellow question marks next to "other devices" and "network controller". when i try and update the driver for the network controller, it says the wizard could not install the hardware because it can not find the necessary software. any suggestions?

what kind is it? USB or PCMCIA? Try disabling the other network adapters in the Device Manager and then plug the new wireless adapter in.

it's neither i think....it's an internal wireless board which i installed inside a panel in the underside of the laptop. the computer had thin black and white wires to connect to it...i put the black one to the main terminal, and the white one to the aux terminal.....tried it the other way around also with no luck.

Hmm, I never knew that can be done. Well, I would treat it like a regular expansion card install. I would go back into Device Manager and delete those question marks. Install the hardware first. Turn on the PC and Windows should detect the new hardware. The Install wizard will pop up and you will be asked to find the drivers from your manufacturer CD.

Try to delete the old network adapter in the Device Manager first before you install the new one, since the old adapter is not being used anyways.

dont have the manufacture cd....where can i go to try and manually install the driver for the card....truemobile or toshiba? i tried going to both websites, but can't determine exactly which model wireless board this is....is there a way for the computer to automatically search for the correct one?

I think Truemobile. They're the manufacturer of the wireless adaptor. I don't think there is any way to do that just yet. At least, until you actually install the software first or if Toshiba supports that wireless adaptor.

thanks for trying to help....we are just not having any luck getting it to work. it is my father-in-laws work laptop, and his work just sent him the wireless board in the mail and it just came in the plastic anti-static bag with no drivers on a disc or anything.....they said that his toshiba laptop should already have everything it needs on it, but maybe it dosn't. i think he is just going to send the laptop to them so they can get the internal wireless card hooked up and working alright. thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom