installing new memory module

terryco

Beta member
I recently had a new Asus motherboard and 512mb ps3200 memory module fitted in my amd athlon by an installer. The cost was over £200. He asked if i would like another 512 module fitted for an extra £50,but i thought i had enough memory. I wish now that i had the board fitted because all the family use the computer and things are now running slow. My question is, is it easy to fit a module myself,would i need to purchase anything else, and when its plugged in will it fire up automatically or do i have to do change any settings . Also does the other module take over when the other one is full MY setup is windows xp. I would be gratefull for any advice.

No you dont have to buy anthing else. YOu just push it into place and your good too go. Also the awnser is no, you dont have to chamge a setting or anything just fire it up and it should be good to go..

Another thing to look at is your software. Get a registry repair program. There are a couple of good ones that are free. Also run your disk cleaner and then Defragment a couple of times.
http://www.freewareplanet.net/registry.php
It would also be a good idea to check for Spyware on your system.

Back
Top Bottom