Nvidia 6800 Gs At 75 C Non Idle

OtakuBakaA

In Runtime
Im just wondering, i know how gfx cards are able to withstand at a higher temperature then a cpu, but at 75 c? It is equivalent to 167 F, is this average for the temp i get when i game? Or is it OVERHEATED? Thanks for reading GURUS ^^

its fine, a gpu has a threshold of 80*C. You might want to get some better airflow though.

yeah nothing to be worried about, but maybe you should clean up yor wires and for more airr flow, and and case fan wouldnt hurt.

lol i also did that, i sometimes take the lid of from the side panel but i dont think that makes a big difference, thanks though guys.

Yeah you would think all that fresh air would do it some good, but when i take my side panel off the thermomerter on the front of the case just rises like 10 degress weird...

I wouldn't take the the side panel off. All that is going to do is create standing air. Air flow is what's important when dispersing heat so it is always better to have a closed system with good fans to circulate air.

I don't think you need to worry about changing the threshold, it's not going to get much higher than 75*C.

Back
Top Bottom