CPu may be getting to hot

_Niko

BSOD
Well I was playing Fable the Lost Chapters...and all of the sudden.... my game froze with a loud constantongoing BEEEPPPPEPEPEPEPPPP. I turned off my pc..and turned it back on... to my knowledge i went into the bios and checked the pc health status... its saying my cpu runs at 67 degrees celsius.....

Is there a way to make it cooler (i have a bit of thermal paste but i dont know where to put it)

Could i get a program to make the fan run faster or something.

Help me!

SpeedFan is a good program to change the fans rpm...The thermal paste goes under the heatsink and then that goes on top of the cpu. To make it colder i would suggest you get a whole new heatsink. Most likely you have a stock heatsink/fan and thats just not doing that job. Alogn with the heatink/fan clean ur wires up for better air flow and some case fans if you have the money. If not just buy one good heatsink that should take your temps down a good amount. Zalman 9500's are veryy good from what i hear..

Alright... well im going to buy a new heatsink this week (if not more ram)

Im gunna dl spedfan.. but im wondering is there a limit to what i should put the rpm at?

Im not really sure on how to go about doing that. All fans are different and personally i only use SpeedFan for measuring temps i dont use it for the rpm of the fans.

And make ur sig under 5 lines....Thanks

yes an aftermarket HSF will make a MAJOR difference. I recently installed a new setup and it decreased temperatures by about 8*C

Alright well i Reapplied Thermal paste... and now im running at around 50...almost a 20 celsius difference... I should be good for now

BUt i was wondering.. is there something i can monitor my cpu temperature with?

Back
Top Bottom