New cards no boot.

Osak

Daemon Poster
Ok just got me 2 new cards and when i go to boot up i get a long beeeeeep i looked up the beep codes for my Mobo and they say its bad ram but whe i slap one of my ol d7800gt's in it boots up fine....So im guessing it one of the cards??? I out them both in seprate and it boots fine, but with both in it gave that dang beep. Anyone have an idea?

thanks!

Does the computer continue to start up after the beeps? Probably not i assume.

PSU is a 600watter so its more then enought, and it dosent even post just one long beep.

hmm i dont know. And you are 100% of all the connections (mainly the sli connector)? Maybe one of the cards is dead, have you tried using both individually (like putting just one in, testing it, then taking that one out and putting in the other to test that one)?

edit - nm the second question, i see you've tried it.

Distortion88 said:
hmm i dont know. And you are 100% of all the connections (mainly the sli connector)? Maybe one of the cards is dead, have you tried using both individually (like putting just one in, testing it, then taking that one out and putting in the other to test that one)?

edit - nm the second question, i see you've tried it.
Argg i feel like a n00b on of the PCI-E connectors wasnt hooked in all the way, thanks for the help guys!

Lol, seems like it's always the simplest things that make everything go wrong. PCI-e video cards are a lot more trickier than regular AGP cards. That little notch at the end has to be snapped in just as you were to install RAM.

TRDCorolla said:
Lol, seems like it's always the simplest things that make everything go wrong. PCI-e video cards are a lot more trickier than regular AGP cards. That little notch at the end has to be snapped in just as you were to install RAM.
Yep i got it now, time for some gaming!

Back
Top Bottom